Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rider
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can they be adjusted back toward the rider? Mine came with them but I think I would like them better if they were back a little.

·
Bronze member
1,707 Posts
Yeah, you might get 1/2". I know yours came with, but I chose the Vic Baggers Tarzanz for this exact reason; they pull back 1.5" further than Indian's Mid Rise. Perfect for me. Maybe you could sell yours and get the Tarzanz?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Even better question, can you use Rox Risers with the Mid Rise/Tarzanz/Bro Bars?

·
Rider
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, you might get 1/2". I know yours came with, but I chose the Vic Baggers Tarzanz for this exact reason; they pull back 1.5" further than Indian's Mid Rise. Perfect for me. Maybe you could sell yours and get the Tarzanz?
Thank you. I am thinking 1/2 inch isn't going to do it. I will check those out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can they be adjusted back toward the rider? Mine came with them but I think I would like them better if they were back a little.
The answer is yes! I must have been in the same situation as you Drumming horse after I installed the mid rise bars. Just had that feeling I needed them back toward me a bit more. I loved the angle they were at but wanted them closer where I wasn't reaching as far. Wanted to keep my back as straight as possible. My fix is perfect and rock solid. I installed the Rox Risers which allows for both up/down and in/out adjustment. I have been able to keep the same angle at the top as before yet bring them closer to me by 3 inches easily with no concern with hitting the tank. Here is a side photo that you may be able to tell from.
106.jpg

·
Rider
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The answer is yes! I must have been in the same situation as you Drumming horse after I installed the mid rise bars. Just had that feeling I needed them back toward me a bit more. I loved the angle they were at but wanted them closer where I wasn't reaching as far. Wanted to keep my back as straight as possible. My fix is perfect and rock solid. I installed the Rox Risers which allows for both up/down and in/out adjustment. I have been able to keep the same angle at the top as before yet bring them closer to me by 3 inches easily with no concern with hitting the tank. Here is a side photo that you may be able to tell from. View attachment 486388
Thank you so much. I feel exactly as you did. I like the mid rise bars but I think I would love them if they were a bit closer. Were they hard to install?

·
Rider
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Getting ready to order the risers. Can I use the stock cables?
Just want to make sure.

·
Bronze member
1,903 Posts
Really only 1/2 inch?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Really only 1/2 inch?
1/2 inch back towards the rider. That was the issue that I had with the mid-rise bars on a demo bike that I rode. I had to lean forward in order to reach the bars. I may try to install the Indian mid-rise bars with my Rox risers, if I find a set for sale that someone wants to get rid of.

The next question is: can you re-use your stock heated grips (Roadmaster), or do you have to get new ones?

·
Rider
907 Posts
Really only 1/2 inch?
I guess that would depend on how they were installed in the first place.

I had my dealer install them, and told them I wanted them as far forward as they could possibly be. (I'm 6'3", with 35 inch arms). After my first few rides, I decided they were too far forward and I was reaching for them. I live 6 hours from my dealer, so was not going back to them. I loosened the bolts, and pulled them back 2 inches, and probably could have pulled them back further..
Feel good to me now.

--
Gordon

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,843 Posts
2695F3E2-0D29-4963-98DB-811DE72FEDDB.jpeg
EBEC62F3-094B-4312-88A4-B0D2EB99BBC1.jpeg
8E52C19F-3866-403C-A5CA-B12F485BEB14.jpeg
I went with the Dirty Bird Stampede mid rise bars. The Indian bars were not out yet when I installed mine on my 15 RM. Look at the pics. I dropped mine down about an inch and got a better reach and got the tops of my hands out of the wind. Worked great for me. You should be able to use the original grip heat if you are on a RM just make sure the ends of the bars have a notch in them like the originals do for wire clearance. Plenty of wire harness to make this work. Dean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts