Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the mid-rise handle bars on my '18 Chieftain DH and was thinking of going with the 12" Klock Werks windshield. Anyone ever had any issues with any of the controls or mirrors hitting the windshield when it is fully up???

·
Registered
290 Posts
No issues. I have both.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the mid-rise handle bars on my '18 Chieftain DH and was thinking of going with the 12" Klock Werks windshield. Anyone ever had any issues with any of the controls or mirrors hitting the windshield when it is fully up???
I just installed my Klock Werks 12" tinted flare windshield (P/N 2312-0259) on my 17 RM with mid-rise bars and it was very easy and quick. I raised my windshield all the way up and used painters tape on the back of the nuts to keep them from dropping out. Also stuffed some micro fibers cloths on both sides of the windshield just in case the tape didn't hold them in place. As with any windshield be sure not to over-torque it when tightening. The stock windshield was 15", but the Klock Werks does not seem 3" shorter, maybe an inch or so, must be the flare. I think some people may have had problems if their bars were installed way forward, I have mine back as far as possible without allowing the bars to hit the tank when turning full left or right. I would do it again.

·
Registered
299 Posts
No issues; I run mid rise bars and the 12" tinted Klock Werks shield. Just love my set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts