Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of a 2019 Chieftain Limited. I bought one that the dealer had upgraded with new pipes and the Mid Rise bars. First I need to say that this is my first bike since I sold my last sportbike about 6 yrs and my previous were all Sportbikes. I've been trying to get used to the position and feel of the Mid Rise bars but it's been a little bit of a struggle. All is well while I'm riding on the highway or at speed but when it comes to turning at low speeds or in traffic I just don't feel comfortable. Is it that I should just ride more and get used to them or should I just have them put the stock bars back on for now while I get comfortable with the whole cruiser setup?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I really love the bike and the overall ride.

Andre

·
Registered
22 Posts
They are adjustable. Trying bringing them back towards you a little more and that might help.Its just an allen bolt that you can reach under the dash.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I found the mid rise bars to be too tall and like you uncomfortable at low speed. I went with trask bro bars. In my opinion much better then mid rise. I’d see if they will put the stock bars back.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Do some test riding of same bikes with the other standard bars to get a feel. I did not really like the feel of the mid-rise bars on Chieftains either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the mid rise bars to be too tall and like you uncomfortable at low speed. I went with trask bro bars. In my opinion much better then mid rise. I’d see if they will put the stock bars back.
They will put them back on. Just trying to make up my mind if that's what I want to do. Like diesalgman suggested....I might just go and test ride similar bikes with the stock bars.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2018 Roadmaster, just got back from a 4900 mile trip , I replaced my stock bars in Sturgis to the mide rise bars . I’m totally happy with the position I’m in now , more upright and less pressure on the wrists. At low speeds in the parking lot or pulling in somewhere its a different feel , .......its just a different feel but in time you will get used to it. Where the mid rise bars will benefit you is on long runs with the addition of highway pegs. I’m positioned now more upright and when i brake I’m not pushed forward as I was with stock bars. I’m happy i made the switch from stock. Just my two cents, Ride Safe!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2018 Roadmaster, just got back from a 4900 mile trip , I replaced my stock bars in Sturgis to the mide rise bars . I’m totally happy with the position I’m in now , more upright and less pressure on the wrists. At low speeds in the parking lot or pulling in somewhere its a different feel , .......its just a different feel but in time you will get used to it. Where the mid rise bars will benefit you is on long runs with the addition of highway pegs. I’m positioned now more upright and when i brake I’m not pushed forward as I was with stock bars. I’m happy i made the switch from stock. Just my two cents, Ride Safe!
I think I'm going to just ride more and see if I can get comfortable with the low speeds in parking lots and turning. I do agree that when I'm flowing in traffic the feel is awesome. Plus I have to keep in mind that I coming from a position of leaning over the bike to one of sitting basically straight up....plus this bike is about 300lbs more than my Hayabusa. I really appreciate all of you guys comments and suggestions. This is a great group.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
They will put them back on. Just trying to make up my mind if that's what I want to do. Like diesalgman suggested....I might just go and test ride similar bikes with the stock bars.
If you can do that ,it cost nothing and you will know 100% if they are right for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts