Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I've been reading thru the forum on apes for the Springfield and it seems everyone who's gone that way has gone right to the 16". I just went to the dealer to check them out and they're a bit too tall for me. I'm just about 6' and I want to keep my hands just at or below my shoulders so I'm thinking 12-14" rise bars. I've been looking all over the inter webs and can't seem to find anything that fits the '17 Springfield. Anyone out there been there and done that? Any assistance would be great.

Thanks,
C

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
317 Posts
Try Dirty Bird.

·
Registered
2016 Springfield
4 Posts
@LoganB93, can you confirm the Todd's Cycle Strip bar DH fitment would match the risers/control fitment for a 2016 Springfield? I am looking for 14" bars and those have a good look (although I'd want the chrome set).

·
Registered
26 Posts
@LoganB93, can you confirm the Todd's Cycle Strip bar DH fitment would match the risers/control fitment for a 2016 Springfield? I am looking for 14" bars and those have a good look (although I'd want the chrome set).
The 16’s are the really weird year of inbetween changes. The throttle should work ok but if I remember right they changed the bar diameter at the switch cube not the end of the grips. I am going to refer you to dean speed in AZ. They make some stellar bars for that model year in a similar style to the stripper. I’m going to attempt to do a set of their lowball bars in my new Chief this week.

·
Registered
2016 Springfield
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I'm finding out about the lack of fitment parts for the 16–17s kinda late in the game. All of my online inquiries end up with 2018 and later fitments (most annoying), but I figured there's gotta be some kind of workaround available. I'll check out Dean's site, looks like it's this one: Handlebars

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I'm finding out about the lack of fitment parts for the 16–17s kinda late in the game. All of my online inquiries end up with 2018 and later fitments (most annoying), but I figured there's gotta be some kind of workaround available. I'll check out Dean's site, looks like it's this one: Handlebars
Yeah unfortunately you’re stuck in a weird place. Most of the fab shops that make bars for Indian make bars for pre 16/17 and post. And that is the right site. If you have any issues with what shows up shoot them an email, Bryan is the sales manager and a super cool dude to deal with. They custom built the bars for me since none were out and may be able to do the same for you if need be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts