Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kury has released their mid-control adapters for the Scouts.
Not the most elegant mounts but they use the OEM shift and brake control units and pegs.
I sat on a Sixty with those mounts today and I personally did not care for them. For me, they seemed to high and to far back in light of the low seat. The mounts look a bit crude as they are made of flat stock and the fasteners don't seem to blend in well with the overall look of the Scout.
However some may find these mounts comfortable and the price ($299) is lower than some other control mounts.
These are my opinons and yours may be more agreeable.
20200222_121444_HDR.jpg
20200222_121430.jpg
20200222_121444_HDR.jpg
20200222_121430.jpg

·
Rider
1,187 Posts
Not the most elegant mounts but they use the OEM shift and brake control units and pegs.
I sat on a Sixty with those mounts today and I personally did not care for them. For me, they seemed to high and to far back in light of the low seat. The mounts look a bit crude as they are made of flat stock and the fasteners don't seem to blend in well with the overall look of the Scout.
However some may find these mounts comfortable and the price ($299) is lower than some other control mounts.
These are my opinons and yours may be more agreeable. View attachment 576929

These are my opinons and yours may be more agreeable. View attachment 576930 View attachment 576929 View attachment 576930 View attachment 576929 View attachment 576930
Seems to me if one wants mid controls, then don't buy a low sitting cruiser. I don't want my knees under my chest.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had the Kuyakin mid controls on my sixty for a few weeks and my old knees couldn't handle the bend. I understand the tractor style seat sits higher so maybe it would be better fit with those controls. They aren't elegant by any means. If you want elegant you can spend 3Xs the money for Roland Sands mid controls, those things are beautiful. I added the reduced reach foot controls with Kuryakin mini boards. They allow me to pull/stand to get over speed bumps and pot holes. I can get some air under to cool my butt on longer rides too.

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
One key feature I did not like about the Kuryakyn mid controls is that they position the riders feet outward a couple extra inches. Widening the legs which felt weird and uncomfortable. I'm 5'10" for reference.

·
Rider
1,187 Posts
I had the Kuyakin mid controls on my sixty for a few weeks and my old knees couldn't handle the bend. I understand the tractor style seat sits higher so maybe it would be better fit with those controls. They aren't elegant by any means. If you want elegant you can spend 3Xs the money for Roland Sands mid controls, those things are beautiful. I added the reduced reach foot controls with Kuryakin mini boards. They allow me to pull/stand to get over speed bumps and pot holes. I can get some air under to cool my butt on longer rides too.
That is one thing I do miss about a bike like my BSA and one of the reasons I was considering a T100 Bonnie when I got the Scout. It is nice to be able to stand on the pegs on rough terrain. I haven't ridden on a dirt road with the Scout but it seems like the forward foot position would make it a little harder to control in comparison.

Reactions: Moto_Max

·
Bronze member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Scout handles gravel roads far better than I would have ever expected,....and I have the OEM peg position.

It's the entire bike, not just the peg position.

·
Rider
1,187 Posts
My Scout handles gravel roads far better than I would have ever expected,....and I have the OEM peg position.

It's the entire bike, not just the peg position.
The nice fat tire on the front definitely helps on gravel roads. But I really detest gravel roads. The first time I dropped my first bike was in a gravel parking lot.

·
Bronze member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Evil Empire Designs Mid Controls are a very interesting design concept.
But their website doesn't list prices.

·
Rider
1,187 Posts
Evil Empire Designs Mid Controls are a very interesting design concept.
But their website doesn't list prices.
That's a clue LOL

Really though, if mid controls were important to me I would have bought a Bonnie. IMO, forward controls are part of what makes a Scout a Scout and a cruiser and cruiser, but I repeat myself. That's why it has such a low center of gravity.

Reactions: MOMZ and Moto_Max

·
Bronze member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a clue LOL

Really though, if mid controls were important to me I would have bought a Bonnie. IMO, forward controls are part of what makes a Scout a Scout and a cruiser and cruiser, but I repeat myself. That's why it has such a low center of gravity.
With my hip and knee issues, I found that forward controls and especially the scout to work best for this old codger.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
well, after a lot of time I pulled the trigger on mid controls. The first thing I noticed is that the bike feels different. Sitting in more of an upright position with my feet under me makes the scout more aggressive. . Corners are easier, leaning is easier , it just feels like a different beast.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
well, after a lot of time I pulled the trigger on mid controls. The first thing I noticed is that the bike feels different. Sitting in more of an upright position with my feet under me makes the scout more aggressive. . Corners are easier, leaning is easier , it just feels like a different beast.
What brand mid controls are those?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts