Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm looking for some insight and experiences for dealers in and around the Metro Detroit area.

I'm about 50 miles west of the city proper and fortunate to have 5 dealers within about an hour of me.

I have no issue traveling a little further if the service team and dealer group take care of me and my bike.

To be fair, I'm not looking for the "don't use these guys, they F*****d me," or to pound any dealers. If someone treated you well, gave you a great experience, and, delivered what you paid for, I'm good with that. If there is truly someone to avoid because they're dishonest or unscrupulous, the city they're located in will suffice. ;)

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

·
Rider
1,265 Posts
I bought my Vintage at Spartan Cycle in Clinton Township. Great people to deal with and their service department is great also. They treat you well and go out of their way to make sure you are a happy boy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dick scotts seemed friendly. I visited when they let a victory tuner use their parking lot for a weekend of dyno tuning probably 5 years ago. I still say Elkhart indian is worth a trip for anyone a few hours away. Outstanding service for me.

·
Rider
671 Posts
My 2015 Chieftain came from Lakeside in Mecosta... about 1/2 hour west of Mount Pleasant. They happened to have the last Red/Black 2015 Chieftain in the state. They treated me great, and made it worth the drive.
My 2016 Roadmaster came from Dick Scott Freedom Powersports in Livonia... (cliff notes version of story here) I lost the Chieftain to a garage fire in the spring of 2017, they had the Roadmaster as a new "previous year leftover" and gave me a great deal on it. They held the bike til I got the insurance check, and stored it until the weather was nice enough for me to ride it home. And another side note, my wife and I are both officers in the IMRG Chapter there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts