Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at the Dunlop d404 any one run these or have experience with them, they aren't that much cheaper than the commander2 . Or have any other suggestions on different tires.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ask as I just watched a guy on youtube put a 180/65 on his bobber stock rims and it fit no problem

·
Registered
331 Posts
I ask as I just watched a guy on youtube put a 180/65 on his bobber stock rims and it fit no problem
if i recall correctly the fender on the bobber has more clearance then the sixty. might want to measure the inside first to make sure a 180/65 will clear

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’m a huge fan of the Dunlop American Elite tires on mine. Will be buying again. Had to contact Dunlop to get the sizing right and they are great to deal with as well.

4C2508DD-ABD1-426C-B3AE-6420052E89B4.jpeg

EC99BF46-FEF2-49E8-8EF4-6C61BDDEB6D7.jpeg

·
Registered
53 Posts
In the past I have always run Dunlop tires on similar midsized bikes (500 and 750cc) and was able to get a better than average 11K miles out of them. I got 14K on the tires that came on my Scout and was impressed. On a whim, I thought that I'd give Michelin tires a try and replaced the OEM tires with a set of Michelin Commander 2. I am now on my fourth set and have consistently gotten (or would have gotten if I had not prematurely changed them out before a 9K road trip) 25K miles on the rear and 27K on the front. This is double what I would consider good! They seem plenty sticky for my riding style and I do not plan on putting on anything else as long as I have the Bike. I highly recommend going with these tires!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
yrs ago i put on a 180 metz,instead of 160 dunlap. was awesome riding over a wired bridge. a really good riding experience with the metz,. but didn't seem to last long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts