Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I got a new Scout about 5 days ago and I'm going through the owner's manual. Seems I'm supposed to get a readout on several things by pressing the mode button. According to the manual, they are:

1. Odometer
2. Trip odometer
3. Engine speed (rpm)
4. Gear indicator
5. Battery voltage
6. Engine error codes
7. Average fuel economy
8. Instant fuel economy
9. Engine temperature

I get 1 to 5 no problem and in fact, #4 is off to the side and always on. I'm not getting 6 to 9. What am I missing?

I realize the manual is kind of wonky - they keep mentioning a right trigger switch that doesn't exist but something like fuel economy and engine temp could come in handy....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi. I got a new Scout about 5 days ago and I'm going through the owner's manual. Seems I'm supposed to get a readout on several things by pressing the mode button. According to the manual, they are:

1. Odometer
2. Trip odometer
3. Engine speed (rpm)
4. Gear indicator
5. Battery voltage
6. Engine error codes
7. Average fuel economy
8. Instant fuel economy
9. Engine temperature

I get 1 to 5 no problem and in fact, #4 is off to the side and always on. I'm not getting 6 to 9. What am I missing?

I realize the manual is kind of wonky - they keep mentioning a right trigger switch that doesn't exist but something like fuel economy and engine temp could come in handy....
Engine temp was dropped from 2021 models, but it's still in the book. Engine codes can only be pulled up if there are engine codes. I do not have mpg calculations on my 2021 bobber, just trip 1 meter.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine temp was dropped from 2021 models, but it's still in the book. Engine codes can only be pulled up if there are engine codes. I do not have mpg calculations on my 2021 bobber, just trip 1 meter.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
OK. Sounds like we are the same. That was another question I forgot to add - How do you get to Trip 2? Sounds like you don't. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You'll care about voltage the first time it doesn't start. Under voltage is the most common reason scouts don't fire up.
Unless it's under 40*F. Then you're just out of luck lol

I have a 2020 Scout ABS and wish I had the fuel economy modes. I'm not sure any model Scout (2015-2021) actually has that available and it seems like this is information that was copy/pasted from another Indian model's manual. ¯\(ツ)

·
Rider
520 Posts
The reason that it doesn't start under 40 is because of the battery getting to cold and not having the power to start the motorcycle... so it's still an under voltage issue. Swapping to a better battery usually fixes it.

·
Rider
619 Posts
The reason that it doesn't start under 40 is because of the battery getting to cold and not having the power to start the motorcycle... so it's still an under voltage issue. Swapping to a better battery usually fixes it.
or adding a battery tender to keep it warm and fresh...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts