Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a V-TWIN styled mesh jacket for summer riding. I was hoping some of you have had some success with this. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have long arms and the Indian Jacket fits great.
I was referring to the Indian Mesh Shadow jacket. The diameter of the arms are huge and for me were uncomfortable as they sagged when riding. It felt like a weight was hanging from my arms.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had crashed a few years back and as a result don’t ride without a jacket anymore. I bought a Joe Rocket mesh with inside liner and that is a perfect jacket.
I took out the elbow pads but left in the shoulder and back pads.

Good luck.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I would suggest looking at the Held 2 in one jackets ,they are not the cheapest but work so well and have the advantage of cooling along with the warmth when needed plus the universality of having a rain jacket included without the weight. they are expensive but great jackets. I have just purchased one then today went out and bought the bottoms /pants to match. They are so well designed and thought out but as I mentioned expensive. I would have laughed if anyone told me I would spend that much on a jacket and pants till I bought these Held is quality ,if you do nothing else look them up on you tube and see what I am talking about. Then again it comes back to what you want and price you are prepared to pay .They are so light made from Cordura that gives to the lights factor, they also include Cool Max ,the armour does not feel uncomfortable and thats the first thing that really annoys me in past clothing.Then include a life time warranty.

·
Rider
365 Posts
I don a Rev’It mesh jacket with level 2 shoulder elbow and back protection. It’s cool up to 90-deg riding. It’s tolerable stopped. Air flow is great. It actually cools you more than just a t-shirt. Magitistical scientological secret properties. I didn’t believe it until I took it off on a hot ride a few weeks ago. Riding, I was cooler with it on. Quality is top. Price is $200. Style... works with cruiser look. Back protector was added.

0D6365FC-1DC8-46E5-932D-C0E09CC622C1.jpeg

·
Bronze member
2,532 Posts
I have the Indian mesh... first mesh I have owned... haven't needed it for the heat just yet and in the cool mornings (38) riding to work I just wear a sweatshirt underneath it... it works good for that so when it gets hot I'll expect the same... alibi without the sweatshirt..

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I'm looking for a V-TWIN styled mesh jacket for summer riding. I was hoping some of you have had some success with this. Thanks!
What do you mean by "V-TWIN styled" exactly? I was unaware that there were styles associated with different engine configurations. Are there also "transverse 4", "vertical twin", "opposed twin", "opposed 4 or 6", "inline 3", or "transverse v-twin" styles also? I'm not always the most attentive to styles so maybe this is something I've missed.

Or are you just talking "pirate style" that will allow you to fit in at the bike nights without getting laughed at?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
What do you mean by "V-TWIN styled" exactly? I was unaware that there were styles associated with different engine configurations. Are there also "transverse 4", "vertical twin", "opposed twin", "opposed 4 or 6", "inline 3", or "transverse v-twin" styles also? I'm not always the most attentive to styles so maybe this is something I've missed.

Or are you just talking "pirate style" that will allow you to fit in at the bike nights without getting laughed at?
The OP has a point. Some of the jackets on the market are cut for a upright or sportbike position. For example, my jacket (Rev'It Sand 3) is more of a sport-touring jacket, and the vents open better and flow more air when you are in that type of riding position rather than a cruiser style riding position. Had I know that, I would have bought a different jacket, as I was looking for a 4-season jacket. Once the temps get above 85 or so, I switch to my old eXelement mesh jacket.

·
Rider
365 Posts
The OP has a point. Some of the jackets on the market are cut for a upright or sportbike position. For example, my jacket (Rev'It Sand 3) is more of a sport-touring jacket, and the vents open better and flow more air when you are in that type of riding position rather than a cruiser style riding position. Had I know that, I would have bought a different jacket, as I was looking for a 4-season jacket. Once the temps get above 85 or so, I switch to my old eXelement mesh jacket.
Most mesh jackets have no need for vents. They are one giant vent. Your RevIt Sand is not a mesh jacket.

·
Rider
577 Posts
Most mesh jackets have no need for vents. They are one giant vent. Your RevIt Sand is not a mesh jacket.
He didn’t say it was, he was articulating that certain jackets are designed with certain riding styles in mind. When someone says “v-twin” style that means upright, arm out in front.

·
Rider
365 Posts
He didn’t say it was, he was articulating that certain jackets are designed with certain riding styles in mind. When someone says “v-twin” style that means upright, arm out in front.
Understood. But the OP asked about mesh jackets. It doesn’t really matter what position you are riding in with a mesh jacket. I took his v-twin ‘style’ as more of a look vs riding position desire. A lot of jackets don’t fit the v-twin cruiser style, as they fit more of a sport look.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Joe Rocket is what I use. Has the padding on elbows, shoulders and back. Lots of ventilation and is waterproof for those rainy rides.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts