Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
It’s Memorial Day... the day we honor those that gave the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our country and its ideals. It’s not BBQ day, mattress sale day, beach day, etc. It’s not a holiday where we preface our greeting with the word happy (ie Happy Memorial Day). It’s not Veterans Day either (though I greatly appreciate those that served!). By all means, let’s honor the fallen how you see fit. BBQ is fine! Just don’t forget why we set this time aside each year. RIP.

Oh and Indian should know better...

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Yessir... thank you to those who made the ultimate sacrifice. They are a big reason it's possible for us today, to be able to grill our burgers & dogs as a free people.

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
626 Posts
God Bless them all. I usually put flags out today. My VFW post cancelled it today.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I read this article in the past about the POW/MIA Flag and thought of I today. It's a good read on how time changes reality. Personally I like the original logo as it shows the real threat of the time and it still resonates today. Don't try to change history to make it fit you or your agenda. Make it about what it is.
History of the POW/MIA Flag

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,103 Posts
I found it sad that our little city didn't have their usual Memorial Day ceremonies. I usually am on the rifle firing squad of our Veterans Honor Guard and have been doing this for the last eight years. Ironically today, the day after Memorial Day we are doing graveside honors for a WWII veteran.

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
626 Posts
I noticed that during the National Memorial Day Concert they kept trying to include, Police, Fireman, Nurses and EMT's into the mix due to the pandemic. They are all honorable, brave men and women. Make no mistake, Memorial Day is for those who made the ultimate sacrifice whilst defending our Nation. Perhaps these other brave people need their own holiday?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts