Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is a "forum" but it has, arguably, the best database in the world of Indian Motorcycle riders. Imagine if we could search for members within 100 miles (or N miles). They store our zipcode (or at least city/state). I sure wish we could use this info to discover friends/riders in our area. Personally, I'd love to ride with the members near me. Thoughts?

·
Rider
979 Posts
I think that the reason they don't is privacy issue but I could be wrong. I think that they take peoples privacy and security serious as they should. There are always nefarious individuals that will use that info for other means. I would say that probably joining your local chapter would be best if you want to ride with other Indian riders. I am sure that some of them are on here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that the reason they don't is privacy issue but I could be wrong. I think that they take peoples privacy and security serious as they should. There are always nefarious individuals that will use that info for other means. I would say that probably joining your local chapter would be best if you want to ride with other Indian riders. I am sure that some of them are on here.
I'm 100% in agreement with your reply (about privacy). In my case, the nearest "chapter" is too far away for regular rides. I just see an opportunity to provide a service that isn't offered anywhere else at a site that has the best dataset in the world. I agree there are challenges but no other site is better setup for success. I've even seen post like "who are you?" This is a pre-quil to a member meet-up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts