Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Scout with Rush Warhorse slip-ons. They sound great but are just too loud for me.
I want something that sound deep and throaty without blowing out my eardrums.
What do you suggest?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Vance and Hines 3” slash cut with the “quiet” baffles installed.

Reactions: F.N.G MOTO

·
Registered
342 Posts
vance and hines 3" with the quiet baffles are not even close to loud. Boooo. Might as well keep stock in my opinion. I do however like the tone of them. Just wish they were louder.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Khrome Werks 4” w/touring baffles.
I concur as I have these on mine. Loud enough to let vehicles know you are there, but quiet enough where you won’t piss off the neighbors early in the morning going to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would fit a Freedom 2 into 1 system , have a look at these :geek:
  • COMBAT Shorty 2-1 All Chrome PART# IN00080
  • COMBAT Shorty 2-1 All Black PART# IN00085
  • COMBAT Shorty 2-1 Chrome wBlack Sculpted-Tip PART# IN00081
  • COMBAT Shorty 2-1 Black with Chrome Sculpted-Tip PART# IN00086
  • COMBAT Shorty 2-1 Black with Black Sculpted-Tip PART# IN00082
These look awesome, if I had a Scout this is what would be worth considering. I have Freedom pipes and not too loud and look good. The sound level gets your heart racing with excitement ha ha
Here is photo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vance and hines 3" with the quiet baffles are not even close to loud. Boooo. Might as well keep stock in my opinion. I do however like the tone of them. Just wish they were louder.
How much difference is there if you remove the baffles?

·
Registered
342 Posts
A ton of difference. I removed most of the packing that came with the quiet cores and it was still too quiet. I'd just get the vance and hines and if they are too loud try out the quiet core baffles. You'll like the sound of the vance and hines and get used to the noise soon enough. I did. I about died when they first fired it up for me at the dealer and now I don't even notice it.

·
Silver member
3,672 Posts
RPW Longs with the "quiet" baffles are not that quiet but have a great deep tone without harsh harmonics.

The tips on my wife's bike are like in pic #1, which might look best with the Scout as pictured rather than her 60 due to chrome engine details, while my bike's version are as in pic #3, which I think looks better on the 60 due to black engine, especially on a bike without bags.

DSC02842 (2).jpg
DSC02885 (2).jpg
DSC02845 (2).jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Pricey, but LOVE them!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I eventually settled on RCX 3” Slash cut exhaust. The first time I fired it up I loved the tone but they seemed LOUD. After a few hours, they don’t seem loud anymore. Everyone loves the tone and the HD guys I hang with think it sounds great.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm a big fan of the bassani slip ons. Not as loud and V&H but loud enough. Nice deep tone without hurting your ears. They look nice as well

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,380 Posts
Aeromach had a nice set of slip-ons for the Scout that were less loud than most aftermarket mufflers but louder than Stage Ones. Another neat feature they had was removeable baffles. Since Aeromach went away I don't know it these mufflers are still available or not.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts