Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Rider
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outside of the normal "guardian bell", does anyone else ride with anything on their bikes that has a meaning or close sentimental value ??

Last week, I had an idea while looking for some accessories for my daughter's new bike she got for her birthday...

came across these rubber duckies on Amazon that squeak when you pat their heads...

I immediately thought "awww, that's cute and wholesome" (I'm a 40 year old former Marine, but I still think things are cute)

anyways, I bought two of them: one for me and one for my best friend

I strapped mine to my bike on Sunday and went on a ride with @Wharf Rat - him and his wife got a kick out of it...

today, I rode to my best friend's house to present him with his rubber ducky...

I told him "Joe, you've been a dad now for 8 months and we ride A LOT - these rubber duckies are a reminder that we should always ride safe and make sure we get home safely because we got babies at home that depend on us"...

he smiled, looked at me and said "you're right man, that's for sure" - he was grateful...

so, share an accessory you own and ride with that reminds you of a loved one or that keeps you grounded - it can be whatever you feel is important to you...

there's no shame - hell, I literally will ride around with a rubber ducky on my handle bars forever now :)

first picture is Joe's - second picture is mine :)

73574154-10ED-4BD0-8A1B-91FD12818C50.jpeg
31ACA37B-555E-4E4D-8FE8-9AE9A83D0F3E.jpeg

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I'm sure that there are a few more of these out there, but I have the only one in Germany! Ed at IM of SEVA had these made up, and added them to all of their bikes...at least, that was the plan before I left. Scout owners got a challenge coin.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Both of my kids served in the military. I fly an American flag mounted on the tour pack luggage rack. I have always ensured all my bikes have this great flag. It reminds me of the sacrifice they and others have made for my freedom.

(Both are out now - daughter from the Army; son from the Marines)

·
Rider
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both of my kids served in the military. I fly an American flag mounted on the tour pack luggage rack. I have always ensured all my bikes have this great flag. It reminds me of the sacrifice they and others have made for my freedom.

(Both are out now - daughter from the Army; son from the Marines)
Semper Fi !!!

0A6CAC16-8105-4C3E-9785-47DBDB0E5DB0.jpeg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice helmet, even ducks need to be dot. I keep little things from the motorcycles I've owned that I liked the look of, but I've been using the same keychain from the first bike I bought. The guy selling it said to keep it, so I've been using it on each of my bikes over the years. I like the key placement on the scout.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts

The “2081“ firefighter decal above the trunk tail light is for a fellow firefighter/brother I worked with for many years who lost his battle with a mental health issue. That was his badge number. Rest easy Dernzy! I think of you often.

·
Registered
21 Posts
To the tune of..."1 lil, 2 lil, 3 lil indians"...just having fun with leather and cheaper than a personalized plate. Used to sing it with the kids when they were young.

20200513_075424.jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
Semper Fi Brother! I love the rubber duckie!!!

Reactions: litos

·
Rider
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
110F5CB5-9A98-45BF-91AC-3688C3D85472.gif

Reactions: Michael D and Lutch

·
German Rider
1,508 Posts
IMG_20200102_160004.jpg

A must on any bike I have or had - the confederate flag.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
394 Posts
With 30+ years and counting of service, I must have some dedication to our military. on this bike it's my Captain Itch crotch cooler. Still undecided on my other bike, but between the two they are an unintentional Red, White, and Blue.
God Bless 'Merica!!

WIN_20200416_16_41_08_Pro.jpg
20190617_091443 (4).jpg

·
Rider
415 Posts
Not really an accessory but my bike as a whole is sentimental to me! It was done and signed by Arlen Ness so I guess to me, I ride with an Angel everytime I get on my Chieftain! A legend gone way too soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not really an accessory but my bike as a whole is sentimental to me! It was done and signed by Arlen Ness so I guess to me a ride with an Angel everytime I get on my Cheiftain! A legend gone way too soon!
It seems that for many of us, time in the saddle allows us to think about the people and things that are most meaningful to us. It’s always helpful to me, to remember the one, who died for me. A40DFD6C-DF78-4213-94CD-7536ECD29821.jpeg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts