Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After giving up on the 2016 Scout that we all agreed was a bit worse for the wear for less than 5K miles, I have come across a Scout Bobber. What are the differences between the two? Are the chassis the same? I rode a Bobber 60 in Daytona before the world stopped, and it was a bit cramped. Was that because it was a 60???? Is the regular Scout Bobber bigger??? I have demoed the regular Scout a number of times and don't remember it being that bad. Are all Bobbers that tight?

I need to let the guy know soon. All advice is appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Before you say the obvious ---- I Forgot to add the bike is 240 miles away, so I will have to take a day off and pull a trailer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I test drove both. The Scout Bobber had a smaller cc engine and seemed sluggish to me. Also, the handlebars on the Bobber were more forward and didn't seem as comfortable. I'm sure there are more differences but those were the two I noticed without doing a lot of research. I was just looking for comfort and feel before making a choice. Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The scout and scout bobber are the exact same bike. Bobber has been “bobber” meaning chopped fender and shortened suspension. Ride is a little harder than a regular scout, mechanically they are identical. The 60 is the same exact bike as a scout but with one less gear and 9 cubic inches fewer displacement.

Reactions: muz and saxmaniac

·
Bronze member
1,213 Posts
I test drove both. The Scout Bobber had a smaller cc engine and seemed sluggish to me. Also, the handlebars on the Bobber were more forward and didn't seem as comfortable. I'm sure there are more differences but those were the two I noticed without doing a lot of research. I was just looking for comfort and feel before making a choice. Good luck with whatever you choose.
The bobber has different ergos: more forward bars, more rearward pegs, lower harder seat, shorter suspension, clipped fenders.

Same frame.

Anything with a 60 is the slightly less powerful engine, and one less gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bike has mini apes installed and a softer seat. Can the pegs be moved further forward and how much trouble is that?

·
Bronze member
1,213 Posts
I THINK the pegs are no different, you just remove the adapter and put it in the stock location. Still need the linkage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,054 Posts
Depends upon your inseam (leg length). You might even go with the extended reach foot control kit as I did.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,054 Posts
The extended reach kit is an Indian accessory and can be installed either by yourself or by the dealer. I haven't looked up the price lately for the kit. Basically a pair of offset brackets for the pegs that move them forward and a longer shift rod & brake rod.

·
Registered
335 Posts
After giving up on the 2016 Scout that we all agreed was a bit worse for the wear for less than 5K miles, I have come across a Scout Bobber. What are the differences between the two? Are the chassis the same? I rode a Bobber 60 in Daytona before the world stopped, and it was a bit cramped. Was that because it was a 60???? Is the regular Scout Bobber bigger??? I have demoed the regular Scout a number of times and don't remember it being that bad. Are all Bobbers that tight?

I need to let the guy know soon. All advice is appreciated!!!!
Both bobbers are exactly the same size. If you like the way the regular scout fits you then that’s what I would be looking for.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really love the looks of the Bobber over the regular Scout. The bars and seat are already changed, so I suppose my question is "Can the pegs be placed in the same position on the Bobber as the Scout?" If it is the same chassis and the forward kit works, then I think it would work.

I have found a great deal and don't want to pass on it if it can be made to fit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My understanding is that, yes you can. However you will need a new shifter linkage, either the stock scout one OR the extended reach one. Both are available from indian, you also may require a new rear brake cable (the extended kit comes with he linkage and cable). I got a VERY good deal on my 17 scout or else I would have gotten a bobber myself. iv'e added the nacelle and mirrors from the bobber so looks wise i'm really only missing the chopped fender but can use full size saddle bags and such which is a fair trade off imo

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After finding my way around the website, it say the extension kits fit all Scouts---Bobbers 20, Bobber 60, Scouts with or without ABS. Looks like we are good. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
After finding my way around the website, it say the extension kits fit all Scouts---Bobbers 20, Bobber 60, Scouts with or without ABS. Looks like we are good. Thanks for all the help.
I believe the bobber comes with the reduced reach kit pre installed, might be able to move that one in the sale section to help pay for the extended kit. I installed mine because I put a victory octane exhaust on and it wouldn't fit with the stock mounting potion but fits great with he extended kit. beware though the scouts rear brake system is notoriously hard to bleed correctly abs or not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts