Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was taking my Springfield apart as I often do and noticed a very nice feature. At www.IndianAftermarket.com we sell several different intakes for the 111 bikes (as well as Scouts). Some of the new intakes require removing everything related to the OEM intake. This creates a good source of cool air blowing on the rear cylinder head. Here is a link to our 111 intake page: http://www.indianaftermarket.com/intake-for-111s-.html

Motor vehicle Auto part Vehicle Engine Fuel line
Auto part Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Vehicle
Auto part Motor vehicle Vehicle Engine Car

Bonus feature: The 3 photos above show a closer and closer view of the cold air vent created by installing this intake. This was originally used by the OEM intake filter. But after removing it, you now have cold air hit the new intake as well as the rear cylinder head. Since the rear head is always hotter than the first head, this is very good. It will help keep your thighs a little cooler. Stop lights offer no air flow but at least the head is a little cooler when you stop. Air enters the front of the frame and comes out this oval hole between the two cylinders. The tank is lifted a little to let you see this.

Here is a video showing how to remove everything and install one of our intakes.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I've seen a HD accessory that is a small fan mounted below the seat. It draws air from behind the rear cylinder and blows it down underneath the bike. I was impressed with how neat it looked in the pic I saw. If that arrangement works well, and something similar can be set up for the TS111 bikes, it might be something for an aftermarket supplier to look at.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,901 Posts
I've pulled the back portion of the plug on mine which roughly diverts that once plugged air source directly to the rear jug. I wish someone made a plug that was a true diverter but this works some. Enough that I no longer complain of excess heat. Some say removing it complete will cause the left leg to receive cold air in winter but the way I did it I don't see that. And I ride all winter if the streets air clear of snow/ice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts