Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rider
816 Posts
And everyone that bet on Country House probably doesn’t care. 65 to 1 is a good pay day even on a $2.00 bet.

·
Rider
1,066 Posts
I call shenanigans on that call......Maximum Security had that even though my horse Tacticus came in 4th then moved to 3rd after the bs call

·
Rider
777 Posts
I didn't like that call either. But it is what it is. But one question I have is would you rather win on a technicality or win because you were the first one to cross the finish line? I don't imagine winning on a technicality would be as sweet for me.

·
Rider
862 Posts
I don’t understand how there’s even a controversy with the Kentucky Derby. Watch a replay closely and you will see Maximum Security’s back legs come within an inch of interlocking with the front legs of War of Will - forcing War of Will left, and he then bumped into Long Range Toddy who bumps Country House. Clearly a foul that clearly slows down those three horses.

Even the jockey, Luis Saez, at first admitted the interference. He blamed it on the horses youth and inexperience combined with the extraordinary loud crowd noise. He said that caused Maximum Security to veer away from the rail, causing the interference.

By the rules Maximum Security is then placed behind the lowest finishing of those three.

No doubt Maximum Security would have won the race without that interference (accidental as it was). But it was a good call to move Maximum Security back. Like most rules, these exist for a reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts