Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which ones are louder . And if the same which is more lower rumble sound wise . I have the Xchopper / Emgo now but find its to raspy . Again I'm talking about the turn outs not tapered . Thanks .

·
Registered
456 Posts
which ones are louder . And if the same which is more lower rumble sound wise . I have the Xchopper / Emgo now but find its to raspy . Again I'm talking about the turn outs not tapered . Thanks .
I think my farts turn out louder than the tapered ones 🤪

·
Registered
456 Posts
it's clown country here down south - just look at the orange clown out east

·
Registered
570 Posts
I can't answer the OP question from experience, but I've had some luck comparing exhaust note using YouTube. People are usually happy to share and love on their exhaust sound.

·
Bronze member
1,462 Posts
The emgo “mufflers/exhaust is basically a straight through design with a welded in perforated tube, and not much packing ,if any. That’s why they were $20-30 apiece. Many of us have been around awhile. These same mufflers were available back in the 60s and 70s. Don’t think they changed much except price. A lot of us used the shortys , turn outs , and my favorite the M3 Reversed megaphones that looked killer on the side of a hard tail HD. They sound like shit compared to most -any - Or a more quality muffler. The reason why Momz responded with “ Of course”. Looks like he has BTDT. One can learn more by asking for more details or opinions From responders instead of just dumping on them. Get what you pay for too ,normally. I just looked up the price for the Emgos wow- don’t know what price you see but I see <> $300. They aren’t worth $100 ( for both) IMO. Any of the popular brands sound better, but to get the deeper tones you may need to go to the 4” dia. Mufflers like Khrome Werks, or gutted/hollow stock with some Torque Monsters ( discs) about 2” in from the exit end. A set of 3” RCX Slipons is a good compromise. Well made, Ceramic packing. Lifetime warranty on chrome. Look good too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts