3,436 Posts
Dirk Diggler should have stayed in his disco era Corvette. D

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just saw him in the Gambler last weekend. I give the movie a solid "B", his performance a "B+" and John Goodman's performance an "A". Not a bad flick if you like to view life on the slightly darker side from time to time. YMMV

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Free advertisement never hurts
Free my ass. Product placement is huge business. They like us to think it's spontaneous; it's anything but. Paid product endorsement plain and simple. Ewen and Guzzi, Ducati in Tron, Aston in Bond, etc. etc.

Some of these guys are riders, even collectors (eg Leno) and the affiliation is natural so fine. I enjoyed the clip on Leno's Garage, learned something and felt that even though he was paid for it, his opinion counts. Nothing against capitalism, but as a consumer I am turned off and would actually avoid a brand when exploitation is obvious (eg Hinckly Triumph and SM).

PS - no disrespect meant towards Caveman, one of my favorites here.

·
Super Moderator
4,867 Posts
LOL, I sat on a Scout while at Lone Star and the wife said it reminded her of a Shriner on a mini-bike.

Shriner bikes.jpg

The kids used to laugh at me when I drove the wife's Corvette, top of my head stuck up over the top of the windshield. :confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts