Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody else run into there not being enough room to download and install a map update? You can see the map update is 8998.32 MB and I have 7375 MB total space available in my bikes system memory. Its not the flash drive I have a 32 GB drive that works for music just fine and has nothing on it at the moment shows just about all free space.

·
German Rider
1,868 Posts
Just a guess, how many routes, tracks, etc do you have copied on the the bikes nav?

Maybe?

Cu,
Sven

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I was thinking the same thing, but on the right it says total space on vehicle is less than the update size. It shows used is 4477 total space available is 7375. Going to contact Polaris today and see what happens. Almost like the unit didn't have enough memory installed when built. Like it should have had 12MB of ram and only has 8MB. I would be curious to know how much ram other people have.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just went out and tried the update. While I didn't have a memory size issue, I did get an "invalid package" error when I tried to load it into the bike. I deleted everything off of the flash drive and reinstalled the maps from the web site and it appeared to work.

I did notice that it took no time to download, and no time to install into the bike. Usually the map upgrade takes a while to install. Either it's a very small upgrade or there's something wrong with the file package. I took a look at the file sizes on the thumb drive and the only one that appears to have any changes was Ohio.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at this screen, it says the update is 8998.32 MB, my total system memory is 7375 MB. Not going to fit 8998.32 MB into a system with 7375 MB available.

·
German Rider
1,868 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, but on the right it says total space on vehicle is less than the update size. It shows used is 4477 total space available is 7375. Going to contact Polaris today and see what happens. Almost like the unit didn't have enough memory installed when built. Like it should have had 12MB of ram and only has 8MB. I would be curious to know how much ram other people have.

Is 7375 really the TOTAL SPACE or the actual space? In my opinion, the summary of 7375 plus the used 4477 is the total. That would be enough. Just a guess or my way ot thinking. Normally there are 3 numbers about Harddisk space : available, used AND total.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had same experience. MAP Toolbox showed message "not enough free space". I opened the file with .ini extension located in the "Fingerprint" map on USB. Used notepad to read it. It shoved free space was less than required. Just altered the free space numbers to be greater than required, then saved file. MAP Toolbox then accepted to start download of map files. Hope this can be of any help.
For information: 16 MB USB memory stick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts