Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oz Down Under member seeking comment from the tech gurus in the old US of A. My beloved 16 Scout was serviced by an Indian dealer yesterday and from pick up it runs rough and performance is not normal. They said they did a map check and it needed no update but I see on the service invoice that they recorded the bike as a Scout Sixty! My suspicious mind (love Elvis) is that they might have hooked up wrong model on ECM and my Scout now runs like the little brother. Dealer says they used correct VIN number. Any thoughts as to this being the probable cause? This forum is so informative and helpful, hence my post.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Not sure which city you’re in, but if in Melbourne go to American Motorcycles in Ringwood. They’re authorised Indian service centre.
I drive from Sydney to Melbourne to get them to service my Scout.
Ask for Rick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure which city you’re in, but if in Melbourne go to American Motorcycles in Ringwood. They’re authorised Indian service centre.
I drive from Sydney to Melbourne to get them to service my Scout.
Ask for Rick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Mickb. I am in Southern Highlands (Bowral) and have serviced the bike before in Sydney (Ashfield) so taking it to Canberra dealer was a first. Bike was sold new in Melbourne and I have been in touch with the guys there a few times. The AM in Ringwood is a good suggestion, thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.