Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I just took my Sprinfield in for basic service and for rhe neutral recall fix. I saw them connecting the computer to the bike but I didnt know what they were doing. I completely forgot about the mapping I did to accomodate the pipes, air cleaner, and the decay. Should they remap for that?

·
Rider
1,709 Posts
Pick up the phone or ride over and ask them. We could theorize all day exactly what they did and why. It is also unclear to me whether you yourself remapped the vehicle already using either Dynojet or one of the two reputable tuning provider's product?

Theory 1 for starters: If you had remapped yourself and they reflashed the ECU with a recall chances are you've lost your tune?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stated that I " mapped" the bike prior to giving it to them. I'm asking the forum members because I don't trust the dealer to give me the correct answer.

·
Rider
946 Posts
Guys,
I just took my Sprinfield in for basic service and for rhe neutral recall fix. I saw them connecting the computer to the bike but I didnt know what they were doing. I completely forgot about the mapping I did to accomodate the pipes, air cleaner, and the decay. Should they remap for that?
If you remapped the ECU before you took it in and have a tuner you can hook it up and see it if sees the tune in your bike. If it does then you're ok, if not then they remapped it and wiped out your tune.

If you have the tuner and have a remote service you can re-read the ECU and get the new tune and send it to the tuner they can change the checksum to match your ECU and you can then you can upload the tune to your bike.

They may require you to send both the new tune Indian put there and the one you were using.

Reactions: K9F

·
Rider
1,709 Posts
Sorry but if you don't trust the dealership why do you use them? I would still phone them for their response. Do you not have an invoice for the service detailing a summary of work and what you paid for together with the recall information?

Theory 2: They simply hooked up the computer to your bike to see if there were any logged codes and/or for service diagnostic purposes?

Theory 3: They reflashed your ECU with the latest software that will not take any of your aftermarket changes into account. This will make your bike run extremely lean.

As rpisbew110 justifiably stated you need to plug in yourself and see exactly what tune is currently in the ECU and if it is the same one you installed prior to service? If it is you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

·
Rider
1,831 Posts
So there are a lot of threads on this as I’m running a tune from Craig B. I’m f the digital wrench scanned the ECM and sees that it needed updated then yes it did and it changed the checksum values and you will need to update. I’m assuming you are using some form of tuner like a PVCX or PV 3 from dynojet. But your gonna have to ask them. My dealer already gave me the heads up to bring my tuner with me and I may have to have the stage 2 tune I’m using updated and reinstalled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts