Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not unusual for me to have to make alterations to a bike to make it fit me. Now that I have an Indian Cheiftain, I am finding it difficult to do so with the lack of parts availability.

I do have the heated reach seat and did I talk a shorter rear shock that has been compressed as short at is will go. I also ordered a shift peg extender. I also have the reduced reach side stand.

Would be nice if any of ya'll have any recommendations for

1. Side stand extender. Still can't reach side stand. Can't just roll off of it either since you can't be in gear with the kickstand down

2. More petite cluch and brake levers

3. Front fork lowing kit

Attachments

·
Vendor / bronze
3,019 Posts
The Chieftain is a pretty complete bike externally. You can add an intake, new exhausts, and fuel computer if you want more power and sound. By the way your custom toe shifter was mailed today and should arrive Friday. It will look like this photo. This one is 1.5" extended. Yours is 2". Enjoy your bike.
IMG_6478.jpg

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
You've got this option, from Aeromach and also on ebay:

kickstand.JPG

I have this and it helps a little, but I don't know if it would suit your needs or not.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've got a 2016 Chieftain. I'm 5'4"....I had a hell of a time with the clutch for the first few hundred miles....sssssoooo hard to pull! Had the cable replaced with a Barnett that I read on these forums was a bit easier to pull. I guess it must be 'cause I don't notice it anymore. I too got the extender for my shifter, that helped a lot. I also installed the little extension tab from Aeromach on my kickstand (not reduced reach, just regular)...I still have to scootch all the way forward to be able to grab it with my toe, but it gets easier with practice. I don't know about a "front" fork lowering kit...personally I wouldn't do it. I did have my back lowered so I'm not on tip toes any longer but I still have to be careful going around corners to not scrape my bags (my husband tells me I lean really far). I think if I were to have both front and back lowered I'd be in trouble. Just my opinion. I don't know if any of that helps....o_O

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Chieftain is a pretty complete bike externally. You can add an intake, new exhausts, and fuel computer if you want more power and sound. By the way your custom toe shifter was mailed today and should arrive Friday. It will look like this photo. This one is 1.5" extended. Yours is 2". Enjoy your bike. View attachment 298345

Thanks Marcus. Can't wait to get it and install it.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Chieftain is a pretty complete bike externally. You can add an intake, new exhausts, and fuel computer if you want more power and sound. By the way your custom toe shifter was mailed today and should arrive Friday. It will look like this photo. This one is 1.5" extended. Yours is 2". Enjoy your bike. View attachment 298345

Marcus- its perfect, just what I needed - Thank you for your help and quick turnaround time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts