Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Rider
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not on the RM, on me. New top and bottom end lol. Both knees replaced Monday, home Wednesday. Home healthcare for a few days then physical therapy starting next week. Hope to be riding out to DC the middle of June! Hearing aids last fall.

Attachments

·
German Rider
1,726 Posts
All the best wishes for a fast recovery across the pond. Had a surgery on my left knee last year in february. Meniscus and cartilage damage. Still have enough problems, especially weather sensitive, long time standing, etc.

Hope you are doing better....

Cu,
Sven

Reactions: EZ Rider 55

·
Rider
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx Craig, my 1st time ever under the knife. Naturally a little apprehensive but the pain I was suffering with the OEM parts made for an easy decision. Now that some spring weather is starting to finally move into Wyoming is all the more motivation to get all healed up and back to riding.

Reactions: EZ Rider 55

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not on the RM, on me. New top and bottom end lol. Both knees replaced Monday, home Wednesday. Home healthcare for a few days then physical therapy starting next week. Hope to be riding out to DC the middle of June! Hearing aids last fall.
Had partial knee last year but due to glue particles have had arthroscopic surgery twice , latest last month but plan on Riding if the temps hit upper 50-50s this week. as predicted. Most people are pretty good after a couple months. I ride all last summer no problem until later. Good luck I’m sure you’ll be doing great with a little therapy, hang in there

·
Silver member
3,642 Posts
While you're doing a major overall might as well take care of everything. I hear it's good for arses:

1583615302209.png

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had a friend in the Grand Rapids area who had both knees done the same day about 10 years ago. He said when the nurses got him up that first night, he was 3 inches taller. He was the most bowlegged character a man had ever seen.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Here's a funny knee story to help your recovery along.

One of my cycling friends, Big Al, was in a major car accident some years ago. He ended up with very bad multiple fractures in both legs. By the time they got all the pieces back together both legs were a full inch shorter. Al's claim to fame is that one leg lost the inch below the knee and the other leg lost the inch above the knee.

This means that he's shorter than he was - he's not lop sided but his knees are now each a different height. Because we meet for cycling his knees are always on show and jokes about him being put together with spare parts are normal conversation.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
The Sawbones recommended knee replacements for me. My knees ache fierce. I use oxycodone on occasion. I mostly just suffer with the pain. I'm fighting the idea of knee replacements.
I wish you a speedy recovery. Knowing that bike is patiently waiting for you should give you inspiration and hope enough!

·
Bronze member
2,049 Posts
The Sawbones recommended knee replacements for me. My knees ache fierce. I use oxycodone on occasion. I mostly just suffer with the pain. I'm fighting the idea of knee replacements.
I wish you a speedy recovery. Knowing that bike is patiently waiting for you should give you inspiration and hope enough!
Get it done ASAP, you won’t be sorry.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts