Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for stands or jacks for storage and maintenance. I was not sure what worked well for the home garage.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Pit Bull brand spooled swing arm stand for the rear.... Total perfection.... Get the rear up in the air in about 2 seconds to rotate the rear wheel for chain maintenance or wheel removal.... No better product anywhere.... Check Revzilla for PICS and pricing....

·
Read Only
636 Posts
I have the Venom bike stand and I'm very satisfied with the quality and operation of it.
Great product for the price and they make many other quality motorcycle tools.

·
Bronze member
1,755 Posts
I have the amazon set. The front doesn’t work for these forks. But the rear works fine with spools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
I use my Pit Bull rear spool stand and front lift pin stand (under bottom triple).

And a nice surprise is that the bottom of the motor is flat so I can use my dirt bike hydraulic lift with some 2x4s to lift both ends in one go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pardon my ignorance...
I've found lots of 8mm spools, but where do you find the stud that fits in the hollow axle? I tried 3 different local shops and no luck.

·
Silver member
4,787 Posts
For the front or the rear?

If it's the rear you just bolt the spools into the threaded holes...

·
Registered
404 Posts
I use my Pit Bull rear spool stand and front lift pin stand (under bottom triple).

And a nice surprise is that the bottom of the motor is flat so I can use my dirt bike hydraulic lift with some 2x4s to lift both ends in one go.
Which Pit Bull FRONT lift pin stand do you have that works ???? AND which #/size pin are you using.... Pit Bull has the FTR listed on their web site, but no details yet.... Thanks....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pit Bull pin #F0001-050, just ordered mine yesterday. They also said they are working on the trailer restraint pins and they should be out shortly. Hope this helps

·
Registered
404 Posts
Pit Bull pin #F0001-050, just ordered mine yesterday. They also said they are working on the trailer restraint pins and they should be out shortly. Hope this helps
Good info right there.... Are you using the generic Hybrid-Headlift Motorcycle Front Stand ????

·
Registered
36 Posts
No sir I have the Hybrid Dual Lift stand as it is currently impossible for me to use the triple tree pin on my KTM. The brake line configuration and hardware is directly in front of the steering stem hole so I cannot get the pin in. On the FTR however, I will be as soon as the pin shows up. I also have a standard under fork leg stand that I use for simple everyday maintenance, but i cannot with the FTR. The reason, different length fork legs, oh well. Also, here is the part number for the trailer restraint pins F0075ST-001. That is one of the best inventions ever.

·
Registered
404 Posts
No sir I have the Hybrid Dual Lift stand as it is currently impossible for me to use the triple tree pin on my KTM. The brake line configuration and hardware is directly in front of the steering stem hole so I cannot get the pin in. On the FTR however, I will be as soon as the pin shows up. I also have a standard under fork leg stand that I use for simple everyday maintenance, but i cannot with the FTR. The reason, different length fork legs, oh well. Also, here is the part number for the trailer restraint pins F0075ST-001. That is one of the best inventions ever.
Much thanks.... The Hybrid Dual Lift is probably a better mouse trap anyway.... More versatile....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts