Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Speak softly and carry a big stick. Teddy R
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've relised I'm getting older and my upclose eyesight is shot. The gauge cluster on the Vintage just happens to be in the right spot for me not to see it. So, does someone make a magnifying lens that I could put in the place of the window? I figure someone on here may have the same problem. Hint, hint.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
On my 40th birthday I was way too busy to worry about getting my drivers license renewed.
Leading the outlaw life leaves little time to worry over such mundane things anyway.
It was only when I tried to write a hot check for some fried rice that I got called down for having an expired ID.

So I drag my wide ass down to the Texas DPS office to face Trooper Do-Right.
Do-Right says do it, do it now, telling me to stick my face into some contraption to check my eyes.
Only I ain't even seeing the contraption he is pointing to....that's how bad my eyes were.

Then I take my reject slip....a "fix it ticket" for my eyes, over to Texas Optical where I get my first of what was to become many pairs of coke bottle lenses with bi-focals. You just think you can't find your gauges. I can show you a whole new way to fall up a flight of steps. Bi-focals will do that for ya.

My point in sharing all of this with you is to impress upon you that if you can't see your gauges you are probably missing a whole lot of fine ass walking around....not to mention road signs that inform you of cold beer stops.

Just sayin....

·
Speak softly and carry a big stick. Teddy R
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My point in sharing all of this with you is to impress upon you that if you can't see your gauges you are probably missing a whole lot of fine ass walking around....not to mention road signs that inform you of cold beer stops.

Just sayin....
I see fine out pass the length of my arm, finger tips to nose not so good. Wear bifocals at work and around the house. Don't want to have to buy $300 pair of googles or glasses to ride bike. Just some sort of lens to put on the cluster.

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
Hey Will, look at those magnifiers used for PC screens. Might be able to adapt a cut out lens. The of course Lasik works. Do one eye at a time - Don't trust those eye doctors ya know? anyway, another option - check out a glass shop or an optometrist might know a place to grind some glass to your optical needs

·
Registered
549 Posts
I was having trouble seeing the instrument panel as well so i went for a new eye prescription. Then i went out to the riderseye.com site and ordered bifocal shades. Issue solved.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Go to Walmart, in the fishing section....they have sunglasses with bifocals for $14.00. Works great for my "maturing" eyes.

·
Super Moderator
4,955 Posts
On my 40th birthday I was way too busy to worry about getting my drivers license renewed.
Leading the outlaw life leaves little time to worry over such mundane things anyway.
It was only when I tried to write a hot check for some fried rice that I got called down for having an expired ID.

So I drag my wide ass down to the Texas DPS office to face Trooper Do-Right.
Do-Right says do it, do it now, telling me to stick my face into some contraption to check my eyes.
Only I ain't even seeing the contraption he is pointing to....that's how bad my eyes were.

Then I take my reject slip....a "fix it ticket" for my eyes, over to Texas Optical where I get my first of what was to become many pairs of coke bottle lenses with bi-focals. You just think you can't find your gauges. I can show you a whole new way to fall up a flight of steps. Bi-focals will do that for ya.

Just sayin....
I'm offended that one has to show an ID to write a check, buy beer, drive a car or bike or get into a bar Big Daddy. Where will they stop, ability to vote? [wideyed]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts