Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New (to me) trunk bag. Awesome really good quality thick leather duffle I purchased 2nd hand for $20. It was faded so I dyed it to match the leather on my Indian, built an internal structure out of aluminum angle and then bought me a RickRak (RickRak - Quick Attach Strapless Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution) quick release mount. Total investment less than $200. It's going to be great for trips.
59215960_1154830958033142_3425737838811938816_n.jpg
58842440_2273509289377313_3648200768034439168_n.jpg

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Nice matching tan works.

·
Registered
18 Posts
what model RickRak did you purchase.... the one specifically for Indian & is that a pinnacle solo fender rack?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks great. I did that to my Cross Road back in the day. It started to sag on the edges so I got a plastic cutting board and trimmed it to size. It then kept it shape great. You may not have that problem in the future.

·
Rider
677 Posts
New (to me) trunk bag. Awesome really good quality thick leather duffle I purchased 2nd hand for $20. It was faded so I dyed it to match the leather on my Indian, built an internal structure out of aluminum angle and then bought me a RickRak (RickRak - Quick Attach Strapless Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution) quick release mount. Total investment less than $200. It's going to be great for trips. View attachment 485930 View attachment 485932
New (to me) trunk bag. Awesome really good quality thick leather duffle I purchased 2nd hand for $20. It was faded so I dyed it to match the leather on my Indian, built an internal structure out of aluminum angle and then bought me a RickRak (RickRak - Quick Attach Strapless Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution) quick release mount. Total investment less than $200. It's going to be great for trips. View attachment 485930 View attachment 485932
VERY COOL,, and very cheap. Good job

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Looks great. I did that to my Cross Road back in the day. It started to sag on the edges so I got a plastic cutting board and trimmed it to size. It then kept it shape great. You may not have that problem in the future.
No one can Bag you for doing that lol great job and thinking outside the square .

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a piece of hard plastic covering the whole bottom. Shouldn't have to worry about it sagging.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts