Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had good results in the past with Lyndall Gold brake pads on my 2000 Indian, last long and minimal dust. I've checked their site and they don't have the 2014/15 pads listed so I wrote them a e-mail and this was their reply;

Do you make brake pads for the 2014/15 Indian Chiefs?

Thank you for your interest in Lyndall Brakes. Our 7138/front and 7101/rear pads will fit 2014 Indian Chiefs.

Jill Morse

LYNDALL BRAKES
800-400-9490
714-441-1218
714-441-1659 fax
942 W Collins Ave
Orange, CA 92867

lyndall brakes

I will be getting these when it's time for pads on my 2015.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

Lyndall has the part numbers given in their e-mail, listed as "2013" or KM pads on their site.

I've asked them to confirm that these are the correct pads for the 2014/15's. I will update if they return my message to them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
EBC Brakes also lists pads for the 2014/15 Chief/Chieftain
Front- FA347HH
Rear- FA196 or FA196HH

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Update:

Lyndall has the part numbers given in their e-mail, listed as "2013" or KM pads on their site.

I've asked them to confirm that these are the correct pads for the 2014/15's. I will update if they return my message to them.
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update 2; I sent the message below and their answer is below that.

Thanks for the reply Jim,

On your site, the 7138/front and 7101/rear pads are listed as the 2013 KM pads. The 2014/15 Indians are Polaris designed and built bikes and are a completely different bike.
Can you please confirm the fitting.
Thanks,
Larry

Larry, 7138 fits Indian Chiefs:

$52.00

Chief 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

View Full Description

I haven't changed my pads out yet and I can't find a pic of the pads on the Indian parts site so I'm not sure if these are the right ones.

·
Registered
265 Posts
the lyndall or ebc pads produce less dust than the oem pads? these oem pads produce more dust than anything i've ever seen. love to have something that makes less dust to clean up.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,626 Posts
Whoever you talked to at Lyndall is completely off. They may work for the 2013 and older Indian but are no where near the right pad for the 2014-2016 Indian

Here are the brake pads from Indian's Website

Front: Motorcycle Front Brake Pad Set - 2204196 | Indian Motorcycle Store

Rear brake: Motorcycle Rear Brake Pad Set - 2203679 | Indian Motorcycle Store

Here is a picture of the Lyndall 7138

Lyndall doesn't have a picture on their site nor could I find one for the 7101 when I Googled it but I doubt if it looks anything like the pad you need for a 2014 and newer Indian rear brake.

I had a Victory Cross Roads which uses the same pads as the Indian.

As @Phoenix Chief pointed out, the EBC part numbers are
Front- FA347HH
Rear- FA196 or FA196HH
EBC - Brake Pads & Accsy's - Cross Bikes, Magnum & Hardball - Victory Motorcycles - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts

The correct Lyndall part numbers are
Front - 7175-08-G or Z
Rear - 7176-08-G or Z
Lyndall - Brake Pads & Accsy's - Cross Bikes, Magnum & Hardball - Victory Motorcycles - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts

·
5,626 Posts
As for performance. I installed the EBC pads and there was a MASSIVE difference in performance. I didn't realize how terrible the OEM pads were until I installed the EBC pads.

The EBC pads are cheaper and work GREAT as I said. However, the problem is they are noisy. Since I live in a rural area I didn't notice the sound until it was pointed out to me but it sounds like crickets chirping whenever you put on the brakes. Someone said it was caused by air being trapped in pockets within the brake pad. The sound isn't extremely bad but is noticeable. I would much rather have the increase in performance over the reduced OEM pad noise any day.

However, I was told by several people that the Lyndall pads performed as good if not better than the EBC pads and didn't have the noise. Your call on if the noise is worth the extra money or not.

I plan on switching to the Lyndall pads myself.

BTW, EBC pads run $40 a set so three sets will put you back $120 + tax etc...
Lyndall pads run $50 or $65 a set so three sets will put you back $150 or $195 + tax ect...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had good results in the past with Lyndall Gold brake pads on my 2000 Indian, last long and minimal dust. I've checked their site and they don't have the 2014/15 pads listed so I wrote them a e-mail and this was their reply;

Do you make brake pads for the 2014/15 Indian Chiefs?

Thank you for your interest in Lyndall Brakes. Our 7138/front and 7101/rear pads will fit 2014 Indian Chiefs.

Jill Morse

LYNDALL BRAKES
800-400-9490
714-441-1218
714-441-1659 fax
942 W Collins Ave
Orange, CA 92867

lyndall brakes

I will be getting these when it's time for pads on my 2015.
I too sent an e-mail to Lyndall Brakes and they told me the same thing you mention...Our 7138/front and 7101/rear pads will fit 2014 Indian Chiefs. I will be getting them in the near future. UPDATE: Now that I read the other post in this thread, I realize I was wrong for who told me this information. I guess the 7175-08-G or Z // 7176-08-G or Z is correct.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've used Lyndall Z+ pads on my Harley for several years - awesome pads, great stopping power, no brake fade, no (very limited) dust. I chose the Z+ because many have reported better stopping than the Gold+ in the rain. Without a doubt will go to Lyndall on my Roadmaster when the time comes.

·
Registered
289 Posts
DP brakes, supposedly the first to make a sintered pad. They make virtually no dust, I have wide whites on my Harley and run these pads, they make NO brake dust. They are GREAT, would never run another pad....you can get them through Drag Specialties. They now make them for Indian. I bought a set for my Vintage, can't wait to wear these stock pads out to throw them on my Vintage........part#'s are SDP922hh+,front and DP118 rear.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Whoever you talked to at Lyndall is completely off. They may work for the 2013 and older Indian but are no where near the right pad for the 2014-2016 Indian

Here are the brake pads from Indian's Website

Front: Motorcycle Front Brake Pad Set - 2204196 | Indian Motorcycle Store

Rear brake: Motorcycle Rear Brake Pad Set - 2203679 | Indian Motorcycle Store

Here is a picture of the Lyndall 7138

Lyndall doesn't have a picture on their site nor could I find one for the 7101 when I Googled it but I doubt if it looks anything like the pad you need for a 2014 and newer Indian rear brake.

I had a Victory Cross Roads which uses the same pads as the Indian.

As @Phoenix Chief pointed out, the EBC part numbers are
Front- FA347HH
Rear- FA196 or FA196HH
EBC - Brake Pads & Accsy's - Cross Bikes, Magnum & Hardball - Victory Motorcycles - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts

The correct Lyndall part numbers are
Front - 7175-08-G or Z
Rear - 7176-08-G or Z
Lyndall - Brake Pads & Accsy's - Cross Bikes, Magnum & Hardball - Victory Motorcycles - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts

I Sure Hope you are Correct on This Goatlocker95 as I have a Brand New Set Front & Rear, that had for my Victory Cross Country but opted to Trade it in on the CDH before using them .. Been Using Lyndalls for 10 Years Starting with 04 Sportster in 2007 and they have been a Winner on every Ride I have owned since ..

·
Founding Member
529 Posts
Using EBC HH and wish I had changed as soon as I got the bike home. Lot more braking power and basically no dust. Jay the pads are the same as a Vic CC. I am sure the other sintered pads are equally good.

·
5,626 Posts
I Sure Hope you are Correct on This Goatlocker95 as I have a Brand New Set Front & Rear, that had for my Victory Cross Country but opted to Trade it in on the CDH before using them .. Been Using Lyndalls for 10 Years Starting with 04 Sportster in 2007 and they have been a Winner on every Ride I have owned since ..
I recently replaced the brakes on my Chieftain using the same EBC part number my neighbor used to change the pads on his Cross Country.

Reactions: JayFL459

·
5,337 Posts
Using EBC HH and wish I had changed as soon as I got the bike home. Lot more braking power and basically no dust. Jay the pads are the same as a Vic CC. I am sure the other sintered pads are equally good.
Am Sure you are Correct on Other Pads, but been a fan on Lyndall Gold + Too Long .. Appreciate the Info the same as Vic XC

·
5,337 Posts
I recently replaced the brakes on my Chieftain using the same EBC part number my neighbor used to change the pads on his Cross Country.
Thanks you think Lyndall would have enough sense to update their Website ..

·
Bronze member
2,371 Posts
Resurrecting this old thread. Does anyone know if the brake pads have changed on late model 2018-19 Indian Heavyweights vs. 2014-2016? I want to buy some Lyndall Brake Pads but before I do want to make sure they still fit (7175-08 for the Front and 7176-08 for the Rear). Thanks for any input.

·
Silver member
5,305 Posts
Hawk makes the best Brake Pads for all Motorcycles , they make them for the new Indian bikes too
The back of my factory 2017 pads say they are made by NISIN; not Hawk. Maybe the earlier pads were from Hawk.

Here is the rear one:

Auto part Exhaust manifold
Auto part Metal

1 - 20 of 20 Posts