Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what it is with Indian's website, but everytime I search for accessories from the Challenger, the luggage rack and passenger backrest won't appear. I know it's available though.

Anyways, my question is, with the limited, you have the saddlebag fillers that go between the fender and the bags. Does anyone know if the luggage rack/backrest will fit without having to pull the fillers out? I only want to have it on while I'm touring, and off the rest of the time. I don't want to have to be fiddling with the fillers if it can be avoided.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I didn't realize there the fillers were 2 pieces. I'll have to take a closer look when I do the handlebars tomorrow.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't know what it is with Indian's website, but everytime I search for accessories from the Challenger, the luggage rack and passenger backrest won't appear. I know it's available though.

Anyways, my question is, with the limited, you have the saddlebag fillers that go between the fender and the bags. Does anyone know if the luggage rack/backrest will fit without having to pull the fillers out? I only want to have it on while I'm touring, and off the rest of the time. I don't want to have to be fiddling with the fillers if it can be avoided.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,627 Posts
The biggest question I get since I removed mine is... "What are those grommets for?" They kind of stand out on the blue.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The biggest question I get since I removed mine is... "What are those grommets for?" They kind of stand out on the blue.
My DH doesn't come with them and I really don't like the space. I had the parts guy at my dealer quote them for me. $761 for the 4 pieces. Then I gotta get them color matched. 😯

Be very careful not to break them when removing........

·
Registered
492 Posts
My DH doesn't come with them and I really don't like the space. I had the parts guy at my dealer quote them for me. $761 for the 4 pieces. Then I gotta get them color matched. 😯

Be very careful not to break them when removing........
They should come painted from the dealer. They specify colour when looking them up. Still stupid expensive, but if you have to get aftermarket ones painted it will probably cost as much.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Geebus.. All I want is a luggage rack for the rear fender, and I'm looking at CAD$1350 because I have to buy the quick release backrest (don't need), the backrest pad (don't need), and then the luggage rack. I mean, I could leave the pad off, but then it looks stupid with the metal plate and two holes in it where the backrest pad attaches.

What a scam.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Geebus.. All I want is a luggage rack for the rear fender, and I'm looking at CAD$1350 because I have to buy the quick release backrest (don't need), the backrest pad (don't need), and then the luggage rack. I mean, I could leave the pad off, but then it looks stupid with the metal plate and two holes in it where the backrest pad attaches.

What a scam.
Might check with Marcus from IndianAftermarket... personally I really dig his standalone luggage rack for the 111s. Not sure if it’s interchangeable for the Challenger tho. He’s on the forum so you should be able to track him down pretty easy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Look on Amazon they have the quick release back rest and pad for 269.00 its for a chieftain but will fit a challenger and they have the luggage rack that mounts to the back rest for 79.00, i bought the luggage rack for mine its really nice, I was dumb and bought the indian back rest and pad from the dealer when I picked up the bike it was 800 bucks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Look on Amazon they have the quick release back rest and pad for 269.00 its for a chieftain but will fit a challenger and they have the luggage rack that mounts to the back rest for 79.00, i bought the luggage rack for mine its really nice, I was dumb and bought the indian back rest and pad from the dealer when I picked up the bike it was 800 bucks
Can you post a link? I ask because all the ones I’ve ever seen on amazon or for the Chief... my understanding is the Chief has different mounting sizes from the Chieftain, Springfield, and Roadmasters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts