Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long Ride Shields released their Challenger shields recently. They have the 10", 12" and 14". I did my beast to measure solo. Bought the 12". I am 5'7" with approx 32" inseam. The 12" might be a tad to tall with the shield all the way down. This is Light Tint.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Long Ride Shields released their Challenger shields recently. They have the 10", 12" and 14". I did my beast to measure solo. Bought the 12". I am 5'7" with approx 32" inseam. The 12" might be a tad to tall with the shield all the way down. This is Light Tint.

View attachment 595012 View attachment 595013
I am going to get the 10" also. Then decide which one I want. Someone may get a good deal on a windshield. Stay tuned.. lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am very disappointed with Long Ride Shields. Their first version was a very poor fit. To their credit (only breifly) they offered a free replacement shield, and to some customers a refund (I didn't get offered the refund). The version 2 replacement shield arrived yesterday. It still hase the porr fitment issues with the holes not lining up, and they decided to chop a few inches off the sides and top of the shields. I have asked for a refund, but am yet to get a response from them.

In the pic below, The version 1 screen is sitting on top of the version 2 shield. You can see how much they have trimmed off the version 2 screens.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting on the holes not lining up. I did not have that issue. On the 12" both sides of the shield would touch the fairing when all the way down. On the 10", one side was fine but the other was touching the fairing just a smidgen. I had already removed the plastic for mounting the shield and had ridden with it. So I buffed the one side of the shield down with the dremel until it did not touch anymore.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Interesting on the holes not lining up. I did not have that issue. On the 12" both sides of the shield would touch the fairing when all the way down. On the 10", one side was fine but the other was touching the fairing just a smidgen. I had already removed the plastic for mounting the shield and had ridden with it. So I buffed the one side of the shield down with the dremel until it did not touch anymore.
Does your shield touch the metal frame that is sits on for the entire length, or does it buldge out inbetween the centre bolt and the outer bolts?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No bulge in the center. The "wings" had to flex inwards a touch to. But it felt like that would be normal given the curve's.

·
Registered
469 Posts
A lot of people complaining about the version 2 not fitting well. Someone said LRS told them the bow in the shield from the holes not lining up was to help the shield stay rigid. Poor quality IMO. I'm glad people are reviewing these and saving the rest of us the time and money of buying. Looks to me like either Klockwerks or Freedom shield are the only choice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure which version I have. I would say there are some design issues with the shield. I just looked up the Freedom shield. I prefer having the flares to the side of the shield so if I was to replace the LRS I would most likely get the Klockwerks shield mainly for the tint. Since it's the same price as the Indian flared shield.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had 3 shields, the first had some quality issues, they sent another as soon as I contacted them. Good right? Before the second one arrived I was contacted and and told they were being redesigned, I would receive a full refund (actually got a notice of refund while still talking to them) and a new fully redesigned shield would be coming. A few days later I received the new fully redesigned shield as promised. I was not impressed with the new design at all, One of the reasons I purchased it in the first place is because I liked how it looked. The fully redesigned shield missed the mounting holes by almost 3/8" of an inch. on each side. I bent it around and got it mounted, but I really don't like it at all. It seems to function well, I just don't like the look or the fit. Oh well, so far I'm not out anything. My new Shield from Klock Works will be here soon. I tried...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Bull kc Let me know what you think of the Klockwerks. What size LRS did you have and what size KW are you getting? I am only 5'7 and I like looking over the shield. When I measured for the first LRS I had I though 12' would work. I could just barely see over the top with it all the way down. Since Klockwerks is measuring up from the center hole I am not sure. I have heard/read that the 11" Klockwerks is the same height as the stock shield. Anyways, just curious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts