Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am loyal to the brand and have a 2016 Scout 69 which has caused me nothing but joy. Sometimes I despair about poor service and read all sorts of issues the tribe have with Polaris and dealers. The recent Annual Sydney Motorbike show at Darling Harbour was good with pretty much all brands represented especially HD which had a huge stand and new models on show. Alas, Indian was not represented. Stories abound that they decided to pull out 2 days prior, had lack of dealer support, didn't have bikes arrive in time etc etc. Someone might get a kick in the butt or is there something more to this than meets the eye? Very bad image for the many Indian owners wanting the brand to kick on further in Australia where there are currently a limited number of dealerships supporting Indian and a couple who have shown disinterest. Yamaha seems to be booming.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Where is Indian? Maybe they got lost in the transit across the Pacific. Where oh where is Indian?

·
Bronze member
1,249 Posts
Sorry to hear about that,Tonto. I live for going to the shows and its always a great thing to see ones bike manufacturer latest models and farkles etc and just touch base at a focal point and meet other Indian riders etc.get some accessories from the vendors. Hang in there bud, hope its just a one off and things pick up over there. Whens the next major show due ?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear about that,Tonto. I live for going to the shows and its always a great thing to see ones bike manufacturer latest models and farkles etc and just touch base at a focal point and meet other Indian riders etc.get some accessories from the vendors. Hang in there bud, hope its just a one off and things pick up over there. Whens the next major show due ?
Thanks for the comments. There is a MotoExpo in Brisbane in March/April and one in Melbourne in November.
This last one in new facilities at Sydney's Darling Harbour didn't seem to be well attended. Apart from HD & Yamaha, Triumph and BMW were also prominent. Accessory vendors were limited in number too from past shows I have attended.
Stunt riders on Honda's were jumping ramps and there seemed to be great interest in adventure bikes.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The Polaris owned Sydney dealership had four MY 18 Chiefs delivered to there dealership on the Monday before the show direct from the docks I saw them being uncrated, very disappointed they were not at the Sydney motorcycle show.

·
Bronze member
1,249 Posts
i appreciate it must be quite a committment for a dealer to attend any show, the $ outlay display rental fee, staffing logisitcs/staff travel and accomodation feeding overtime pay ,display gazebos etc transporting bikes and shop merchandise. Plus maintain their shop running and maintain their service shop and rider group functions .Quite an operation and expense . In California, plaudits for Hollister Indian who attend many m/c shows in strength with their Indian logo Van and gazebos etc they also attend Flat Track events and does great job promoting the brand with several display bikes and staff. Hopefully the MotoExpo in Brisbane will be attended by a dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts