Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im dishing Stock seat goin to a lower one...Been lookin at Corbin and Mustang Wide Tripper or DB Solo...Like sittin low on Bike...Doin VB lowering link...and want a low seat...Any more suggestions out there...Pics too if u like...

·
Bronze member
1,527 Posts
I have a Wide Tripper. Not lower, actually a wide seat makes you legs appear to be shorter as far a reaching the ground. More comfortable than stock seat for hours.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so were talkin same seat height??? I wanna be back in the seat further as well...More like a flatter seat than stock...that wont push me up further...My legs are long and I like to sit back and stretch out...Corbin and DBs seat looks like it wud do that...maybe Corbin wud b better...

·
Bronze member
3,039 Posts
extended reach Rouge seat by Indian... $400 it's an inch shorter than the leather seat

·
Bronze member
1,527 Posts
so were talkin same seat height??? I wanna be back in the seat further as well...More like a flatter seat than stock...that wont push me up further...My legs are long and I like to sit back and stretch out...Corbin and DBs seat looks like it wud do that...maybe Corbin wud b better...
It seems to always be a trade off between style, long trip comfort, and seat height or for many of us, being able to comfortably plant your feet on the ground.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I am not sure because I still have the original seat on my Chieftain , but for what I have read many , many times here in the forum , the aftermarket seats from a variety of brands , although more comfortable and giving more or less reach depending on the rider choosing , they all seat higher up . That is how they attain more comfort and that is the reason why I haven`t replaced the factory seat , because I like to seat low in the bike .
The factory seat for me is comfortable up to a around 120 miles . After that , it begins to bother me , but since by that time I am just about pulling over to refuel the bike , it is ok . I fill up, walk a little , have some water , take a leak and back on the saddle for another stretch … it works for me .
Being able to plant my feet flat on the floor is mandatory for me on a bike as heavy as the Chieftain . I am 5`9" tall and with the lower rear suspension installed , the bike is at the perfect height for me with the original seat.
I would be very careful when choosing an aftermarket seat and would ask those questions to the maker very clearly , before floating the cash .

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My other Indian is an 03...With a Lepera Solo seat that sits me real low have a pillion for it as well...had an air ride on it for 9 years...started leakin and after getting tired of fixin it went to a two inch drop kit for it...With all that it sits me really low...Im 5 11 and that's the way I ride...Has 20 inch Apes on it as well...

Im probably goin for the Corbin solo and Pillion for my 18 so I can switch back and forth from solo to two up...After installin the Vic Bagger inch and three quarter drop ill probably be where I wanna be...I just don't like the seats with Lumbar support they just push me way to far forward...just my preference...Installin mini apes as well...so hopefully after doin all this ill be where I wanna be...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's the 03 with the Lepera seat and the air ride...I really like them low...The 18 wont be quite that low ...not doin an air ride just the lowering links...but im lookin for a seat close to that...With very little Lumbar support...

·
Rider
851 Posts
It will. I have a corbin tour and sent back deleting rider back rest and we pushed back an additional 1 1/2 more inches so we are approx back 3 1/2 more then the cramped stock rogue seat.
I have 33 inseam and its perfect now

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's wat I wanted to hear... Definitely sitting back further is wat I'm lookin for...

Thanx for ur reply...

·
Rider
851 Posts
One other thing worth mentioning if going with corbin. If you want the max setback you must tell them when deleting the rider back rest to move your position back as far as possible using that.
Otherwise what you will get is just the back rest deleted and not the additional room.
Seats are tough (no pun intended) and depends on the rider. Whats good and comfy for one rider is not for the other.
NYMike summed it up the best as was said everyones ass is different.
I wasnt happy with the standard seat so we went with extended reach seat and didnt like that either
Paid 27 large for this bike and wasnt going to compromise it with and uncomfortable seat giving me pain and discomfort. Others MMV.
Paul

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanx so much for the info buddy...Im definitely goin to do Corbin now for sure...when I call them im goin to do wat u said...so I know im goin to b happy with the seat ..the lowering link and bars...

that's wat I like about the Forum...theres always sumone to help ...and better yet they own wat ur planning to purchase...

thanx again for all ur help...ur pics helped as well...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Ultimate has a good policy of returning the seat if you don’t like it. They do offer a reduced reach seat but I believe it moves you forward instead of down. It’s one way of trying a seat without losing a lot of money if you don’t like it. It is a well made and nice looking seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
IMG_0376.jpg

But I wound up returning the Ultimate seat and riding to Corbin to make use of their ride in service where they start with a stock Corbin seat and then modify it to your specifications.

Then they put a temporary cover on it and let you ride it and come back with other mods if needed.

I had my seating position moved forward and lowered and then chose the stitching pattern and colors and textures I wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
3,810 Posts
Could also contact Mean City and see about having the original seat re-fitted/lowered.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts