Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20191218_092621651.jpg
IMG_20191218_092648080.jpg

I posted this on "what did u do to your RM today" but thought it deserves its own thread.

Cut narrow strips of the soft fuzzy side of Velcro and totally line the vent doors.

Now I can ride with vents fully closed with NO WHISTLING.

·
Registered
2 Posts
THANK YOU. I was wondering how I was going to fix that!!

It sounds stupid but that whistle was very annoying.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANK YOU. I was wondering how I was going to fix that!!

It sounds stupid but that whistle was very annoying.
I agree...so far my "fix" is still intact & working... I've opened & closed them repeatedly.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Odd, I’m getting zero noise for our lowers....read this earlier today and then took the bike down for it annual inspection for the registration and was listening to see if I could hear anything....only noise I hear is the whine from the high flow air intake.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Odd, I’m getting zero noise for our lowers....read this earlier today and then took the bike down for it annual inspection for the registration and was listening to see if I could hear anything....only noise I hear is the whine from the high flow air intake.
Only whistled when fully closed. If yours are fully closed and not whistleing you're lucky.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Only whistled when fully closed. If yours are fully closed and not whistleing you're lucky.
Fully closed...not a peep, but that damn high flow air intake whines enough to drown most things out :( Going to replace that thing with a Lloydz arrow head intake one of these days but putting money into other things on the RM right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts