Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test rode a Pursuit yesterday. It was warm out (85-87), but not super hot. I think the bike was a little hotter to ride than my Vision (cams and tuned) and definitely hotter than my Challenger with no lowers. I tried the vents in the lowers in various spots, from 1/4 open to 1/2 to 3/4 to fully open. Fully open was the coolest.

So, my question is...how hard is it to remove the lowers for summer riding? If it's not too hard, I think I'd remove them for July/August riding to help keep the heat lower.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Do you have a Premium or Non-Premium? That will make a big difference due to the lights. I rode mine last with 97 degrees with a heat index of 115 and didn’t think it was that bad at all.

A few bolts most likely on the non-premium.

·
Registered
952 Posts
In theory shouldn't be too hard. The RM has 3 P style light clamps that hold the lower leg fairings on to the highway bars. I looked in to getting a pair of Pursuit lowers for my 2019 RM, because I wanted the lights in them. Well I'm not sure how they'd wire up and they were really expensive. And that was before the lights would be installed. So I pretty much gave up on that idea. But smooth sounds exactly correct.

Reactions: 39 Chev
1 - 5 of 5 Posts