Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the lowers off when the temps during the day lingered at 105 degrees and I am so pleased with the result. The bike feels so much cooler and looks damn good too! Why did I wait so long? Just 3 bolts on either side and they’re off. Seems like a lot less bug cleaning too.

upload_2019-8-19_5-2-44.jpeg

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
First thing I do when the daily temp gets up above 90.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
I may be the minority, but I feel more heat with the lowers off. Constant heat blowing into my lap. Lowers on, there is heat but it’s not blowing on me.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,296 Posts
Well that's one of the things I have said for a while. Lowers prevents air turbulence that actually swirls around your legs and helps cool the rear cylinder & head. I have a 2015 Chieftain and never have had a heat problem unless sitting still with the engine running. I know this is a Roadmaster forum but the Chieftain is essentially the same bike without the lowers & trunk.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I took the lowers off when the temps during the day lingered at 105 degrees and I am so pleased with the result. The bike feels so much cooler and looks damn good too! Why did I wait so long? Just 3 bolts on either side and they’re off. Seems like a lot less bug cleaning too.

View attachment 517958
How’s the air turbulence with the lowers removed? I notice more turbulence with the vents open, so haven’t taken the next step to remove the lowers figuring the air turbulence would be even worse.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I pull mine every summer when the temps climb and they will go on when I get consistent 50's in the mornings...love the looks as well

·
Registered
69 Posts
I added the Chieftain lower wind deflectors when I run without my lowers -- makes a big difference on the under-fairing buffeting. I do feel a bit of "heat bubble" around my legs, but the new foot pegs have helped. I like the versatility of the Roadmaster -- some quick wrench work or couple of levers, and the bike is a Chieftain. Remove the hard bags, and it is a fairing mounted Vintage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts