Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Rider
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my rear wheel off for a tire replacement last weekend and figured I’d swap the lowering links out for the stock links. I went with a 65 profile tire last time I needed new rubber and it would hit the bottom of the seat bolt on medium to large bumps. It actually bent my rear fender surrounding that bolt. Nothing super egregious, but enough to piss me off. First of all, holy crap that battery tray was a pain in the @$$ to get out. I got it all back together and cleaned all my suspension bits up in the process. I am absolutely stunned at how much better the bike handles with the stock links in. I’ve had my ‘17 SF now for 2.5yrs and it’s always had the lowering links on. I previously had a slight wobble at around 80MPH in turns, gone. I had the bottoming out issue, gone. I always thought the bike rode better than my HD, but not by as big a margin as most folks claim. With the stock links in now I can see what the hype is about. I will never use lowering links again and won’t recommend them unless someone absolutely needs them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I took mine out when I installed the Arnott air suspension. Then had neck surgery so haven't put much time on it yet. Still think it was a good move to remove. the links.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts