Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to lower the floorboards on a roadmaster? I have Indian extended reach seat, Indian mid bars, and Indian toe rests.

·
Registered
268 Posts
this is what i have on my 16 chieftain, as it says can only use first set of holes.
fits me fine but I'm 5'7"
CI-3026 Indian Rider Floorboard Relocation Kit

google part numbers you will find vendors that have these in stock.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have an extended reach seat and the Aeromach floorboard lowering kit on my 18 SFDH, comfortable set up. Did a 10 day, 4600 mile ride back in May.

·
Founding member
2,151 Posts
Give Aeromach a call ... they have multiple versions for the different Indian models. They're very helpful and they know exactly which version works and how much additional room will be gained on your bike. They're also very good with after-sale support.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Wow I scrape my floor boards nowise if I lowered them god I would be going around the corner like a old girl ,sitting up straight and doing next to no mph. so I did not scrape. That would pee me off so much. But good luck and hope you find what works for you.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,726 Posts
I lowered the floorboards on my 2015 Chieftain. I used the original Aeromach kit and used the middle position so as to clear the crash bars (engine guards). I rarely ever drag or scrape the floorboards and I don't ride like some little old man. The comfort for my long legs is much better with the floorboards lowered.

·
Registered
71 Posts
+1 on the Aeromach set. I'm 6'5" and love the set up I have. 16" apes, ultimate tall boy, and the Aeromach relocation kit. The website said they would work on'18 and newer models but they do. Its just a little tight on the brake side.........

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
+1 on the Aeromach set. I'm 6'5" and love the set up I have. 16" apes, ultimate tall boy, and the Aeromach relocation kit. The website said they would work on'18 and newer models but they do. Its just a little tight on the brake side.........
You have a Roadmaster?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just got off the phone with a guy at Aeromach, he said these kits won't work on *any* 2018-2019 larger bikes, that Indian made changes to the right-hand floorboard mount area, and even though Aeromach spent a lot of time working to re-engineer them, they couldn't come up with anything & gave it up.

Anyone have any other suggestions, because the stock height of these boards is really uncomfortable...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts