Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
I just returned from a motorcycle trip from New Orleans to Asheville. Wonderful trip, great rides through the Blue Ridge Pkwy. etc.
On my final leg home, with my legs on the foot pegs, I happen to put my left hand down to the left of my leg, and I could not believe the amount of wind that was coming up through the lower area of the bike. Why didn't I realize that before and purchase lower wind deflectors? It would have made such a difference in noise level and wind. I have a large wind screen, which helps a lot, but the lower deflectors will certainly help.
My question is this, what options do we have for purchasing hard bags for my 2015 Indian Chief Classic? I don't want leather bags, but the Indian hard bags are so expensive! Are there any other places that make hard bags for the Indian?

·
Founding member
1,502 Posts
The lower wind deflectors work and I mean they really work. They stop at least 90% of the updraft from the front. Problem is with a Cheiftain which already has a lot of shield space with the fairing and the windshield, it then increases the heat around your legs about 50%. So I run mine during cool/cold weather and then take them off for hot summer weather. I have no idea if they have the same effect on the Classic or Vintage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts