Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice a surge,like a blip of the throttle, when slowing to stop? Happens around 1100 every time I slow or drive easy for a maneuver. is a bit of a pain as you need to hold the clutch in early coming to stop sign. Dealer said normal, drive by wire symptom.

Thanks.

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
yep - all the TS111's do that

I just avoid the deceleration under load (clutch in and brake) when I get that slow because that 'Low RPM surge' is annoying

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
Annoying yes, normal yes, it's Indian way of limiting low speed lugging with closed throttle and also avoids stalling the motor. You'll get used to it. It takes time, but you'll get used to it.

·
Bronze member
2,101 Posts
Anyone else notice a surge,like a blip of the throttle, when slowing to stop? Happens around 1100 every time I slow or drive easy for a maneuver. is a bit of a pain as you need to hold the clutch in early coming to stop sign. Dealer said normal, drive by wire symptom.

Thanks.
yep

·
Silver member
4,714 Posts

Thanks.
Yes, there is a table in the ECU called Idle 3d table that controls at what idle RPM will be based on gear and vehicle speed.

Here is the table showing the factory stock values. You can see the 1100 RPM in the table. Some folks here (me included) have modified this table to minimize this "surge" by lowering the RPM down to 800 sooner. This makes for a more predictable deceleration response.

This table is accessed using Dynojet's Power Core Software and their PVCX flash tuner.

Text Font Software Screenshot Line

·
Founding member / distinguished
5,457 Posts
I adapted to it and subconsciously avoid it with technique. I can't remember the last time it surged.

·
Banned
421 Posts
Mine has always done this. It has never bothered me. I personally don't find it annoying. I just pull in the clutch and avoid it. Sometimes I just let it do it. But it's definitely normal for TS111s.

·
Registered
881 Posts

Thanks.
You need to stop going so slow.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Big Daddy Enterprises Titanium Boot Taps only $79.95.

When you feel that sickening lurch and lunge of that Big Indian it's just telling you that it's time to impress your friends with a spark shower.
Drop your boots to the ground and let them bitc#es eat.
Grind to a stop in an impressive show of class.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Last year's ECU re-flash seemed to improve low speed running significantly, along with fuel consumption. Mildly irritating, I agree. Just counter it by trying not to slow down too much...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Big Daddy Enterprises Titanium Boot Taps only $79.95.

When you feel that sickening lurch and lunge of that Big Indian it's just telling you that it's time to impress your friends with a spark shower.
Drop your boots to the ground and let them bitc#es eat.
Grind to a stop in an impressive show of class.
Ha! I will put the motocross boots on and drag the toes for sparks. Parking lots and Lights are the only time I do notice this...wife thinks I forgot how to ride.

·
Bronze member
2,412 Posts
Yes, there is a table in the ECU called Idle 3d table that controls at what idle RPM will be based on gear and vehicle speed.

Here is the table showing the factory stock values. You can see the 1100 RPM in the table. Some folks here (me included) have modified this table to minimize this "surge" by lowering the RPM down to 800 sooner. This makes for a more predictable deceleration response.

This table is accessed using Dynojet's Power Core Software and their PVCX flash tuner.

View attachment 299737
Did you have to adjust for this on your own or do you know if Fuel Moto already accommodates for this in their PVCX tunes?

·
Silver member
4,714 Posts
Did you have to adjust for this on your own or do you know if Fuel Moto already accommodates for this in their PVCX tunes?
On your own, unless you specify to FM you want this. Best to my knowledge, FM does not change this table in their tunes.

As a side note, it was only recently Dynojet exposed the Idle tables, in large part for FM to be able to tune these new cams coming out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts