Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I replaced my stock mufflers with a set of crushers, the issue is I have moved into a new apartment and well, I'm trying not to piss off the neighbors. So what am I to do? Tear the crushers apart and see if I can "manufacture" some better baffles. Some Copper pipe, a hacksaw, some steel wool , a new mesh cutout and BAM.....she's a bit quieter now. please don't get me wrong, I love the sound of the crushers, she's just a bit tamer now.

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
How did you attach the "mesh cutout" to your copper pipe and how did you secure the entire new assembly inside your mufflers?

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't attach anything. the copper pipe sits flush with the actual pipe. the aluminum endcap has an 1/8 recess, and the mesh sits in there. when you place the endcap on, it forces the mesh against the copper pipe. EZ PZ

·
Registered
436 Posts
Oh, ok - I see - very cool. I might go that route, too. I love my crushers but they get to me after 1 or 1-1/2 hours riding - even with earplugs :rolleyes::sneaky:. Yes greater "Chicagoland", out of NW Indiana. My bike is actually from "Libertyville", was custom painted there, but I bought it used, so never been to these guys. I know, a shame, they seem to be cool people (y):cool:

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made a quick video. I've gotten a few PM's on what do they sound like now, so here ya go

·
Registered
4 Posts
2.5" Slip-On Sound Reduction Baffles
Got these today. I'll post feedback later

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A6013 através do Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts