Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Love my bike but wish Indian would support better

5K views 42 replies 22 participants last post by  JDen 
#1 ·
Half the accessories are always out of stock, Jackets only for tiny skinny men or morbidly obese. Just ranting but damn.

#3 ·
Agree, I bought my 2022 Chief back in September and am still waiting on the accessories I ordered when I picked up my bike.

Reactions: TerryJ
#5 ·
Nope, I know it made it worse but it has been like this since I bought the bike in 2018. Accessories listed but unavailable. And while we are at it, the fucking helmets all run small. They don't make a helmet to fit my big brain.

Reactions: Micmac and TerryJ
#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I said I loved my bike, so I won’t be going to HD. I also stated that it has been like this since before the shamdemic but I do know it is worse because of it. I am not lucky to have a bike. I paid for my bike through hard work. It wasn’t given to me. I am sorry this ruffled your Indian feathers.

#10 ·
Well there it is. Like I said, sorry for the feathers. Read

#12 ·
I get it. I feel like with a premium (read expensive) bike you should get some premium attention. Now I'm patient and understanding on the the difficulty in the supply chain currently, Drumming Horse is right, some of the problems pre-dated the difficulty.
My disappointment with corporate is more on the side of IMRG and owner support.
I think that Polaris has approached the motorcycle market with the same strategy they've successfully employed in off road vehicles, and snowmobiles. I do not think they've adjusted to the specific customer base and the expectations of the people who purchase the bikes. Snowmobile riders generally don't look at their rides as a gateway to relationships, or as an extension of their personality. Bikers are a different market. We want a badge on our bike that we can be proud of. We want to buy a product that becomes part of our own personal story. No accountant, or logistics chief is going to be able to build that without a vision from corporate that places a high value on the individual customer.
I have hopes that Polaris is learning, and growing. But it's my optimism that drives that hope, and not any evidence that I've seen so far.

#16 ·
I get it. I feel like with a premium (read expensive) bike you should get some premium attention. Now I'm patient and understanding on the the difficulty in the supply chain currently, Drumming Horse is right, some of the problems pre-dated the difficulty.
My disappointment with corporate is more on the side of IMRG and owner support.
I think that Polaris has approached the motorcycle market with the same strategy they've successfully employed in off road vehicles, and snowmobiles. I do not think they've adjusted to the specific customer base and the expectations of the people who purchase the bikes. Snowmobile riders generally don't look at their rides as a gateway to relationships, or as an extension of their personality. Bikers are a different market. We want a badge on our bike that we can be proud of. We want to buy a product that becomes part of our own personal story. No accountant, or logistics chief is going to be able to build that without a vision from corporate that places a high value on the individual customer.
I have hopes that Polaris is learning, and growing. But it's my optimism that drives that hope, and not any evidence that I've seen so far.
You worded it better than me. This what I’m saying and I am hopeful as well. I plan on keeping my bike forever. I hope I can get parts when I need them in the future.

#22 ·
News? Which would you suggest? I feel like your giving Indian the COVID ticket. Parts or accessories are just a part of what I'm talking about. Plus, surely there are no Indian parts or accessories on those ships. Made in America since 1901 and all. Of course I'm joking and it’s early.

Reactions: TerryJ
#23 ·
#28 ·
I did get this from a billet site. It had billet in the name anyway. Got the power and driving light buttons to match.

Attachments

Reactions: Tbear
#36 ·
Indian could learn a lot from HD on building a brand. I mean things like how IMRG is managed compared to HOG, how to keep the riders going into every dealership for dealerback shirts when traveling, how to keep riders engaged with the brand, etc. Yes, all of this requires investment, but Polaris is a bigger company than HD and the investment could see very handsome returns. HD is not sitting idle, they seem to pay attention to Indian if the Sportster S is any indication. Indian makes great bikes, but the ownership experience could use some work, keeping people loyal to the brand and making repeat buyers is important and it takes more than just great motorcycles.

#34 ·
Drumming Horse, I have 5 Indian leather coats, four of them made in Canada by Rotweiller during the Gilroy days, (excellent coats) and one given to me by Polaris when I bought a 2012 Chief, their first year of ownership. It is a Korean Coat, not as good as the Rotweilers If I'm reading this thread correctly you are seeking a leather coat? You can get one of the best riding coats in the world right there in the Commonwealth of Virginny. I used to live about 5 miles away from these folks over the line in North Carolina. They are wonderful people who ride motorcycles and love Indians in Independence, VA. Nice riding country around there as well. Sew an Indian patch on it! And if you are a vet they are offering 10% off at present
Font Motor vehicle Poster Rectangle Advertising

#35 ·
I have two Indian leather coats and another buffalo I think. I'm good with coats. I am talking more about dealerships, parts, etc. Thank you for the info though.

Reactions: Micmac
#42 ·
That’s interesting I’ve never had any issues finding a size large jacket or shirt. I’ve got 2 or 3 jackets and probably a dozen shirts. I don’t limit myself to a local shop or corporate. I’ve looked online and found what I’m looking for. I’ve contacted corporate with a part number and they gave me a list of in stock dealers.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.