Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Rider
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Half the accessories are always out of stock, Jackets only for tiny skinny men or morbidly obese. Just ranting but damn.

·
Rider
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Love my chieftain by the way. Just frustrating with the lack of dealers and parts

Reactions: AB2057 and TerryJ

·
Registered
2022 Super Chief Limited
57 Posts
Agree, I bought my 2022 Chief back in September and am still waiting on the accessories I ordered when I picked up my bike.

Reactions: TerryJ

·
Rider
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, I know it made it worse but it has been like this since I bought the bike in 2018. Accessories listed but unavailable. And while we are at it, the fucking helmets all run small. They don't make a helmet to fit my big brain.

Reactions: Micmac and TerryJ

·
Rider
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seriously? Feel lucky to even have a bike. Many people are waiting for one or can't afford to buy one with the crazy prices right now. Go to HD if you aren't happy with Indian
I sad I loved my bike douchenoodle, so I won’t be going to HD. I also stated that it has been like this since before the shamdemic but I do know it is worse because of it. I am not lucky to have a bike. I paid for my bike through hard work. It wasn’t given to me. I am sorry this ruffled your Indian feathers.

·
Rider
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol...I love when adults act like children by name calling. Grow up and stop crying about something that none of us can control.
Well there it is. Like I said, sorry for the feathers. Read

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I get it. I feel like with a premium (read expensive) bike you should get some premium attention. Now I'm patient and understanding on the the difficulty in the supply chain currently, Drumming Horse is right, some of the problems pre-dated the difficulty.
My disappointment with corporate is more on the side of IMRG and owner support.
I think that Polaris has approached the motorcycle market with the same strategy they've successfully employed in off road vehicles, and snowmobiles. I do not think they've adjusted to the specific customer base and the expectations of the people who purchase the bikes. Snowmobile riders generally don't look at their rides as a gateway to relationships, or as an extension of their personality. Bikers are a different market. We want a badge on our bike that we can be proud of. We want to buy a product that becomes part of our own personal story. No accountant, or logistics chief is going to be able to build that without a vision from corporate that places a high value on the individual customer.
I have hopes that Polaris is learning, and growing. But it's my optimism that drives that hope, and not any evidence that I've seen so far.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I sad I loved my bike douchenoodle, so I won’t be going to HD. I also stated that it has been like this since before the shamdemic but I do know it is worse because of it. I am not lucky to have a bike. I paid for my bike through hard work. It wasn’t given to me. I am sorry this ruffled your Indian feathers.
Looks like a snowflake got offended by hearing facts. "Go to HD," stupid

·
Rider
791 Posts
Looks like a snowflake got offended by hearing facts. "Go to HD," stupid
No, I got a little peeved that my post wasn’t read before it was commented on. Some people love for Indian blinds them to what could be better. That fanboy thinking makes mediocrity flourish. Y’all need to get off the get an HD trip. I bought an 18 CHDH specifically because HD doesn’t appeal to me. Therefore 19 and above chief glides and challenger glides don’t either. Not bashing Indian harleying up the line. They need to sell bikes. Like I said, I love my bike and I loved my 16 Chief DH. It’s not just parts

Reactions: Micmac and AllEars

·
Rider
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I get it. I feel like with a premium (read expensive) bike you should get some premium attention. Now I'm patient and understanding on the the difficulty in the supply chain currently, Drumming Horse is right, some of the problems pre-dated the difficulty.
My disappointment with corporate is more on the side of IMRG and owner support.
I think that Polaris has approached the motorcycle market with the same strategy they've successfully employed in off road vehicles, and snowmobiles. I do not think they've adjusted to the specific customer base and the expectations of the people who purchase the bikes. Snowmobile riders generally don't look at their rides as a gateway to relationships, or as an extension of their personality. Bikers are a different market. We want a badge on our bike that we can be proud of. We want to buy a product that becomes part of our own personal story. No accountant, or logistics chief is going to be able to build that without a vision from corporate that places a high value on the individual customer.
I have hopes that Polaris is learning, and growing. But it's my optimism that drives that hope, and not any evidence that I've seen so far.
You worded it better than me. This what I’m saying and I am hopeful as well. I plan on keeping my bike forever. I hope I can get parts when I need them in the future.

·
Registered
658 Posts
No, I got a little peeved that my post wasn’t read before it was commented on. Some people love for Indian blinds them to what could be better. That fanboy thinking makes mediocrity flourish. Y’all need to get off the get an HD trip. I bought an 18 CHDH specifically because HD doesn’t appeal to me. Therefore 19 and above chief glides and challenger glides don’t either. Not bashing Indian harleying up the line. They need to sell bikes. Like I said, I love my bike and I loved my 16 Chief DH. It’s not just parts
Easy dude. I was supportive of your post

1 - 20 of 43 Posts