Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried these, NEW COOL-MASTER - Love Jugs Love Jugs or something similar. I live in Arizona and i'm afraid the TS 111 is not going to like the summer months here. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Only did one parade ever and that was with my liquid cooled Kawi. Still had to ride circles to keep it cool enough ( and to keep the battery up) Kawi's do not charge at idle or low rpm..

·
Founding member
954 Posts
Dig the name reminds me of a former girlfriend. Googled V-twin engine cooling seen several different ones. I think of the air scoop for HD shovelheads. I wonder if a larger or extra oil cooler would work better. Heat not a problem in our cold Wisconsin climate.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
While living in the Fort Worth area at 102 degrees sitting in rush hour traffic I could see this. Parades don't happen enough for anyone to buy this, but over one hundred degrees in rush hour traffic I would want them.
Only rush hour traffic here are when the deer/elk decide to cross the road.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,052 Posts
Has anyone tried these, NEW COOL-MASTER - Love Jugs Love Jugs or something similar. I live in Arizona and i'm afraid the TS 111 is not going to like the summer months here. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry OKH, you were asking a serious question. I live in the Chihuahuan Desert of the Texas Big Bend. Summer temps in the low desert hit 120 F. You've got a large displacement air-cooled engine that you're sitting astraddle of, so you can feel the heat coming off it. I have not had any problems with the engine over-heating, but the towns here are very small and I don't get stuck in stop and go traffic much. I don't know how much heavy city traffic you have to deal with. I rode an old air-head Beemer pulling a sidecar through downtown Phoenix one summer, and even that normally cool-running Boxer got pretty hot and started clattering some. The fans you linked to would probably help in such a case, but I'd sure hate to junk-up the side of my TS 111 with them. I haven't had a problem with the bike over-heating as long as I could maintain some forward motion and air-flow. Your situation may be different.
--- Randall

·
Registered
81 Posts
First the "Boots" thread and now this...

Y'all need to watch how you title theese threads.

Get an 'ol geezer all excited just to find talk of footwear and high tech fans.

Sheesh...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I agree, if I was on a Shriners parade barge - definitely, but it doesn't take much of a traffic jam or a couple of long lights to get the temps up during the dog days in the southern tier on a large, air-cooled twin. Also agree with the ugh factor. It appears there's plenty of room and I would think a hi-cap fan behind the oil cooler might be of some benefit on the T111 especially with the higher working oil pressure and presumably higher flow than the HDs. Much more discrete, too. An old squirrel cage in reverse would work - pulls from the center and ejects centrifugally away from the engine. A thermostat would be nice but I'd settle for a toggle. All the scoops and deflectors I've tried/made are fine but don't do jack when you're not moving. They will help you get cooler quicker once you do, though. It would be nice if they came out with a Love Jug for the T111 oil cooler but BadJack may want to check his heart meds before the posts start flying. Or maybe not. That singular "jug" just doesn't have the appeal, does it, Jack?

Reactions: Burebista

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,776 Posts
ASTV- UltraCool Oil Cooling Sytems Feature:
Some sort of UltraCool oil cooling system?
I didn't have the patience to sit through the whole poorly produced and acted show, but that appears to be an forced air oil cooler. In otherwords, a fan.
Granted, a fan on the cooler is not nearly as ugly as the Love Jugs...

·
Rider
2021 Ruby Metallic and Challenger and Limited
563 Posts
Ok, So I was picking up my new Springfield yesterday and knew I'd be there for hours while they removed all my accessories of my old Chieftain to the new bike.
While there I was talking to the salesman and he mentioned the engineer of these Love Jugs would be in to drop off a few pairs of them as they were now going g to offer them to clients as an accessory. The idea sounded good and the price was fair enough ( especially thrown into my finance plan) when The bike was ready I went to check out my new baby and I was like UGH...
I didn't want to insult the engineer of them who actually put them on my bike himself. So I was like yeah looks great (in chrome). I rode home and was like I hate the way these things look and when powered on the have two red power lights that stay on. They actually do work very well, my 45 min ride home was without any heat on my right thigh.

Long story short, next week I need to go back to dealer to finishup the install of the rest of my add ons, including Stage 2 cams, I will be asking them to Remove the Love Jugs and take my losses. The idea and concept is great and they work as promised however IMO, it takes away from the beauty of my bike and VTwins..
So there you have it, but at just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Ok, So I was picking up my new Springfield yesterday and knew I'd be there for hours while they removed all my accessories of my old Chieftain to the new bike.
While there I was talking to the salesman and he mentioned the engineer of these Love Jugs would be in to drop off a few pairs of them as they were now going g to offer them to clients as an accessory. The idea sounded good and the price was fair enough ( especially thrown into my finance plan) when The bike was ready I went to check out my new baby and I was like UGH...
I didn't want to insult the engineer of them who actually put them on my bike himself. So I was like yeah looks great (in chrome). I rode home and was like I hate the way these things look and when powered on the have two red power lights that stay on. They actually do work very well, my 45 min ride home was without any heat on my right thigh.

Long story short, next week I need to go back to dealer to finishup the install of the rest of my add ons, including Stage 2 cams, I will be asking them to Remove the Love Jugs and take my losses. The idea and concept is great and they work as promised however IMO, it takes away from the beauty of my bike and VTwins..
So there you have it, but at just my 2 cents...
Interesting thank you for sharing, could you take a picture so we can see how they mounted up on the TS111.

Thank you.

Dave

1 - 20 of 27 Posts