Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Yeah I know a fair amount about them and understand they make a bit of noise. When the noise is louder than the vance and hines 3" slips ons there's a problem. I told that to the Indian rep today and he was like are you serious?? haha.

·
Rider
482 Posts
Demand a full refund! No discussion. (Your call if you want a replacement or something else, but that is a separate issue.) You got a lemon and I would tell the dealer if they do not refund, you will file formal complaints with the BBB and State's Attorney General... then actually DO that! You'll be amazed how quickly they respond. Do not let them crack it open because they will take that as permission from you to "fix" it and you'll end up with a retread instead of a new bike! Its junk and they should own it. Shut down the whole "repair" conversation... a new bike should not need a rebuild and if that is their "solution", then they are being slimy.

·
Senior member / gold
6,749 Posts
Demand a full refund! No discussion. (Your call if you want a replacement or something else, but that is a separate issue.) You got a lemon and I would tell the dealer if they do not refund, you will file formal complaints with the BBB and State's Attorney General... then actually DO that! You'll be amazed how quickly they respond. Do not let them crack it open because they will take that as permission from you to "fix" it and you'll end up with a retread instead of a new bike! Its junk and they should own it. Shut down the whole "repair" conversation... a new bike should not need a rebuild and if that is their "solution", then they are being slimy.
We, on this forum, can back you up, if necessary!!!

·
Senior member / gold
6,749 Posts
Here is the original post, if anyone has any doubts...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
ok I bring my bike to the dealer a week from thursday and then they'll get to it that following monday. So two weeks from yesterday. I'll see what happens.........this ticks me off because the weather is super nice right now and I'm missing out on riding time. I just parked it. The noise is so loud I'm afraid something would blow out and I'd be stranded.

·
Rider
482 Posts
Bummer about missing the good weather. Its also a bummer they're apparently slow-walking your "service". They should be bending over backwards to clean this up. They should also be covering transport. Are you being too nice?

·
Rider
482 Posts
So you're letting them work on the bike or just assessing it? Stick to your guns on getting a refund. Possibly draft a "Demand Letter" putting them on notice?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Well t minus 6 days till I'm at the Indian dealer in St. Paul. This conversation is going to be interesting. Is it too much to ask for a completely new bike vs a new motor? Just curious as to when my expectations will be getting out of line. I don't think expecting a new motor at a minimum is unreasonable. Also I'm annoyed my bars have rub marks on them from being tied down too many times now. What are people using for non marring straps?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Yeah it's just some maring on the handlebars. Guess the paint on there is about as good as the rest of the bike. Fragile. Not gunna lie I've had a pretty poor experience with Indian being shitty quality. The shoes I bought had the pull on loop break already. One of the buttons popped off my jacket. Then the whole deal with the bike. I'll work it out eventually and if Indian buys my bike back I'll have to decide whether to continue down this road or venture to another brand. Love the bike just wish I had a better first experience. So far Indian has been pretty awesome to deal with on this.

·
Rider
482 Posts
On the new motor/bike question: I would hold firm to a new motor (and installation) at a minimum. But honestly, replacing the motor is tantamount to a new bike anyway because of the uniframe construction. The dealer will push back hard on a new bike, but in truth... that is the only honorable thing to do.

You need to decide what standard of care you are willing to accept. If they don't meet your standard, let them know you will escalate to the BBB, Attorney General, Polaris Corporate (look up and write to the president), as well as this user forum. Make sure you keep documentation of everything.

IMHO: I would hold out for either a full refund (zero prorate) and walk-away, or a brand new replacement bike, like what you paid for! Having to settle for a rebuild (or even an engine swap) is no substitute. You bought a new bike that works and that's what you should have.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts