Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had finally gotten used to the whine noise with the scout. Because of the gear driven transmission apparently makes this noise. Anyways.........now it super loud. Way louder than the exhaust on my bike. Is there something that the dealer could have did to cause this after my 500 mile service? How loud is too loud? Just thought I would ask this question. Honestly if it's going to be like this all the I'll probably sell it because it's obnoxious loud now.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I know, this is not the answer you’re looking for, but get some nice slip-ons and it won’t bother you anymore. Promise! 😬😂👍

Reactions: riderguy

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wow - I was joking with the mufflers, but that sounds serious - get it towed to the dealer and good luck! 🍀

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And it doesn’t do it cold. Just when it warms up. Quiet as can be cold. And there’s oil in it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also can a moderator modify my title so it says Loud Primary after 500 mile service.............or something to that effect? I can't spell and it's not the tranny. haha. Also is the proper way to check the oil with it on it's side stand and screwed all the way in or what? Sorry I don't have my manual at work.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Also can a moderator modify my title so it says Loud Primary after 500 mile service.............or something to that effect? I can't spell and it's not the tranny. haha. Also is the proper way to check the oil with it on it's side stand and screwed all the way in or what? Sorry I don't have my manual at work.
To check the oil run the engine 30 seconds , shut it down and check the oil with the bike straight up not on the side stand. You should also screw the stick all the way in to check.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the response. I'll check it quick to check the levels. I dunno. The temperature is about 25 degrees cooler than I've run it before too. Wonder if that has something to do with it. I mean 500 miles isn't very many miles to figure out all the quirks of a bike.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the response. I'll check it quick to check the levels. I dunno. The temperature is about 25 degrees cooler than I've run it before too. Wonder if that has something to do with it. I mean 500 miles isn't very many miles to figure out all the quirks of a bike. heres the oil level............

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I guess the only way to see if it's normal is to get it warmed up and let someone listen to it. It's pretty damn loud. Still super annoying I drove 600 miles round trip for the dealer to short me on oil too. wtf.

·
Registered
414 Posts
My 2020 scout doesn’t make much of a whine from the primary and didn’t change at all after 500 miles. That’s nuts! Especially since you can hear it over the v&h pipes.

·
Senior member / gold
6,761 Posts
Like I said, you don't want to be sitting on that I.E.D. when it decides to explode. It is the dealer's problem how it gets to them. Tell them that you posted on this site, and about 35,600 Indian Motorcycle owners and potential owners are watching to see what happens.
You might want to step in here and name the dealer about now!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bison Thunder in St. Paul, MN. I hate to be that guy but it's always been loud but not quite like this. They didn't even drive it after the service. Had 500 exactly on it when I brought it in and had 500 when I picked it up. I emailed the GM so I'll see what he says.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Bison Thunder in St. Paul, MN. I hate to be that guy but it's always been loud but not quite like this. They didn't even drive it after the service. Had 500 exactly on it when I brought it in and had 500 when I picked it up. I emailed the GM so I'll see what he says.
I saw a YouTube video of a whiny scout! It sounded exactly like what you are describing. It was a test ride video and the guy in the video was talking about it constantly. The dealership that had it literally called it the whiny scout.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts