Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 chieftain
I had my fairing apart this weekend changing bars and putting in my LED lights. I must have forgotten to tighten up one of the bolts that holds the windshield on and now i've lost it, and that nut plate that goes on the back .
Does anyone know a place online where I can order these? part numbers? My closest dealership is almost 1.5hrs away, or I would just run down and get one.
Thanks

·
Silver member
4,247 Posts
2014 chieftain
I had my fairing apart this weekend changing bars and putting in my LED lights. I must have forgotten to tighten up one of the bolts that holds the windshield on and now i've lost it, and that nut plate that goes on the back .
Does anyone know a place online where I can order these? part numbers? My closest dealership is almost 1.5hrs away, or I would just run down and get one.
Thanks
Cheap Cycle Parts is an online store. Here is the part diagram for my fairing/windshield. You need item 4 and item 6.
2016 Indian Chieftain/Roadmaster

·
Rider
862 Posts
It's just a bolt....any bolt that fits. Doesn't have to be an Indian bolt.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
Guilty myself had to have the dealer order them . And the price is a joke
Thats because they are rare and you have to buy a 4 pack. I dropped 1 of mine way down inside the fairing. I could see it, but couldn't reach it. OPs might have dropped inside as well.

·
Silver member
4,247 Posts
It's just a bolt....any bolt that fits. Doesn't have to be an Indian bolt.

It is not just any bolt, it is a shouldered bolt so as not to crush the windshield when tightened, it is viewable, so needs to be the same as the 3 other ones. It is stainless steel as not to rust, and the nut is a t-nut that fits in a relief in the windshield frame to hold it in place.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I found mine at True Value. Wasn’t that hard. Sometimes the internet isn’t the best way to shop.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2014 chieftain
Thanks
I've found hard to get fasteners at boltdepot.com

·
Bronze member
2,629 Posts
Fastenal has them as well,replaced all the bolts and acorn nuts on my vintage,with stainless steel,as the OEM were chrome,and had a lot rust around the base.added all ss acorn nuts on a Harley rocker box,while I was at it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats because they are rare and you have to buy a 4 pack. I dropped 1 of mine way down inside the fairing. I could see it, but couldn't reach it. OPs might have dropped inside as well.
I believe my bolt and nut is on the road somewhere between home and work, lol
The funny part is they sell them in a set of 4, but you use 5 per windshield.

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
Lmao I Did the exact same thing now I feel better

·
Rider
862 Posts
I found a nut and bolt that fit in the bottom of my toolbox

·
Registered
24 Posts
2014 chieftain
Thanks
acehardware it will be close

Sent from my SM-J737R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would check out your local hardware store for some stainless bolts. Find a piece of tubing (stainless, plastic or whatever) for spacers and toss on some self locking nuts on the back. you will be money ahead and nobody will ever know the difference. If you are real crafty, you could cut a piece of metal and tap it for the back side.

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
I can save you the time I did the ace hardware thing. Handed them to guy in the store he looked at them for 3 seconds handed them back to me. His exact word were not happening here these are custom. I thought I’d get lucky was more hoping then anything else. But just looking at them tells you they are custom pieces

·
Bronze member
2,500 Posts
I can save you the time I did the ace hardware thing. Handed them to guy in the store he looked at them for 3 seconds handed them back to me. His exact word were not happening here these are custom. I thought I’d get lucky was more hoping then anything else. But just looking at them tells you they are custom pieces
Funny I went to Ace (only hardware store in town) and found them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts