Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are all the scouts ,they seem to be lost some where in don't know land .really would like a bike some time soon .mr Indian /Polaris many people have put down a lot of money and are getting nothing but sweet f/all.

·
Registered
478 Posts
There does appear to be a lull in the action - is this because they are shipping them oversees? Or maybe it's all the first-run buyers who are not on this forum that are the ones getting them. I wonder what might be the cause of that happening?

I still have not seen any VINs with four digits - that is pretty lame for a bike that has been in production close to eight weeks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think there are overseas members on here, correct? So that's probably not where they're disappearing to, we'd hear from those members.

I've wondered what % of "1st order" customers are on this site? My guess, maybe 10-15%

·
Registered
572 Posts
I am wondering if the overseas Scouts are even being produced on the same line, what with ABS, kickstand kill switch etc. You would think that Polaris would have satisfied the domestic market first before releasing
an export varient. All that they are producing now, and in abundance, is ill-will amonst their state-side customer base.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think there are overseas members on here, correct? So that's probably not where they're disappearing to, we'd hear from those members.
Yep, I'm in Holland and contacted my dealer yesterday. He said my Scout will be delivered in two weeks from now.
One of our German members got his bike a while ago. I guess he was the first one in Europe who picked up his Scout.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I am wondering if the overseas Scouts are even being produced on the same line, what with ABS, kickstand kill switch etc. You would think that Polaris would have satisfied the domestic market first before releasing
an export varient. All that they are producing now, and in abundance, is ill-will amonst their state-side customer base.
That is true, however, with the Global Market what it is look at the response from everywhere. This is no longer just an American bike. It is a Global Bike. Americana for sale wherever there are wheeled vehicles. I don't have mine while I help spread the dream.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Third hand scuttlebutt via my dealer (now fourth hand to you) says there was a hitch in the giddyup when Indian paused to enlarge their paint booth, in order to catch up with demand. Throw in a couple subcontractors and a horde of self-important OSHA bureaucrats, and you can easily image how git-er-done could turn into WTF.

This, if true, is entirely understandable. Not fessing up is entirely inexcusable.

Then again, it may not be true.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Third hand scuttlebutt via my dealer (now fourth hand to you) says there was a hitch in the giddyup when Indian paused to enlarge their paint booth, in order to catch up with demand. Throw in a couple subcontractors and a horde of self-important OSHA bureaucrats, and you can easily image how git-er-done could turn into WTF.

This, if true, is entirely understandable. Not fessing up is entirely inexcusable.

Then again, it may not be true.
Sounds like a repeat of what happened with the Chiefs last year and the delay on the blue Chiefs.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Scuttlebutt: have not heard that term in quite a while, but like all the scuttlebutt ever produced at sea or anywhere else there was always that bit or truth in whatever rumor was being advanced. This is no scuttlebutt Indian sure dropped the ball when it comes to getting bikes or explanations into the hands of those that had them promised. My dealer was at least forthcoming enough to admit very little information even coming to them and even fewer motorcycles. The end game sit here dead in the water and just hope the engine room is not taking on water

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts