Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello....

I noticed that one of my saddlebag headdress medallions must of rattled off. Can anyone help me out with where I can get a replacement and how much it might cost.

My first thought was to just go to the dealer, but not sure what a reasonable price would be for something like this. Maybe there is a better place to go to order one.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Lou

·
Rider
879 Posts
Do Yerself a Favor and Loctite the replacement, and the Remaining ones... guaranteed there is at least one more loose one.
Surprising how much loctite you need on a Chief.. Look it over, and do Not omit anything that can conceivably come loose... because it will!!
Ours started with the Conchos... then the Spotlight Bezels, then a Muffler hangar..
then a Sidecar mount!!! [not an Indian Part tho] finally the Mirror...
I have done more... just don't remember the ones I used as Preventive!!!
BTW I replaced them all, while I was at the loctite job, with these

Right Facing Chief Head Concho Antique Nickel 1-1/4" 3666-21 by Stecksstore 743724308938 | eBay

·
Bronze member
1,594 Posts
I lost one too a few months back but it was a warranty replacement item. Good advice above to at least check them and tighten them well, and yes some Loctite is a great idea. I believe there’s a little Allen screw head on them to tighten from the inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts