Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have bought a scout sixty 2018 and a few month ago I started having random power issues specifically, when lanching the first and second gear to high rpms the engine would roar aggressively as if the clutch was engaged all of a sudden, the speed would not only not increase but when it did it would increase unevenly. I brought it to the dealership who, at a first attemp did not resolve the issue. i brought it a second time and the clutch was replaced as it seemed to be the root of the problem also causing troubles when engaging the first gear. A few weeks later the exact same issue appeared again. I have scheduled a third appointment to solve it but now have great concerns that the matter is far more serious . Has anyone had a similar experience? Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all and ride safely.

·
Bronze member
1,457 Posts
When you say hitting high rpm, maybe you are seeing the factory “ detune ” feature that is built into the Scout 60 programming. It actually backs off the throttle by itself. This was the factory’s answer to make the Scout 60 slower/ less powerful when compared to the regular Scout. That is why so many get a PVCX unit to override it. But I’m not there to experience what you are. Maybe you do have a clutch problem. The engagement into 1st gear is a clutch cable adjustment issue. Many have experienced this. It has to be adjusted with almost no slack ( stick credit card in between lever and perch is about right. No more than 1/32”).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Sir,

Yes i had heard about this procedure adopted by Indian to reduce power, however it is not the source casing the issue. The clutch was replaced and now that the issue is still existing I hope it is nothing major. In your opinon, what else could be the cause of the uneven increase of power?

·
Bronze member
1,910 Posts
Sounds like there is clutch slippage due to incorrect clutch cable adjustment or even excessive cable drag within the cables own sheath.

Take your bike to another dealer because your current dealer is not familiar with clutch issues. And your bike should not be used as a "practice session".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like there is clutch slippage due to incorrect clutch cable adjustment or even excessive cable drag within the cables own sheath.

Take your bike to another dealer because your current dealer is not familiar with clutch issues. And your bike should not be used as a "practice session".
Hello Sir,

I do appreciate your feedback and more than that I appreciate your sympathy. I should pick my bike up tomorrow and will see. The next dealership is at about 150 km from where I live. I'll let you know how that goes;;

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hello Sir,

I have finally gotten the engine reduction taken off and now my motorcycle is as it is supposed to be. I have made a video of acceleration and would like to have your opinion on the matter. Could I please send it to you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts