Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having problems keeping my mirrors on 2019 Springfield tight. Dealer even replaced one that was thought to be defective. After 2 weeks, the dealer tightened mirror has come loose again, as well as mirror on opposite side. Has anyone tried blue loctite on threads?
Or any possible fixes? Perhaps better to ditch the Pinnacles and revert back to stock mirrors?
Thanks for your input!

·
Bronze member
1,227 Posts
I had very similar with my Chief stock mirrors soon after purchase , wind made front right mirror slack. at least it did not fall off. I got to an off ramp and got the pliers out. I think over a little time some rust and pitting has likely helped fix my problem .

Reactions: Jarine88

·
Rider
2017 Springfield
969 Posts
I’m having a similar problem with the stock mirrors on my ‘17 Springfield. I have had mine loosen badly while riding on two different occasions. I have since started checking and retightening them before I ride.

I hadn’t thought about using Loctite. That is a good idea.

·
175 Posts
I had to monkey with my Pinnacle mirrors for a while before I found the sweet spot. As noted probably some grit and scuz in there keeping them tight as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts