Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Silver member
4,831 Posts
That's what they get for building that knock off Chief Glide...

Reactions: Liam and INDYN

·
Bronze member
3,061 Posts
That's what they get for building that knock off Chief Glide...
may be.. my dealer has more Chieftain Classics and Roadmasters left over... I think it's the fact that a lot of people are waiting.. most people do research now before they buy and I'll bet when they research they find out a 116 is going to be standard and the new motor.. of course that's not all of it... but in general there are a lot of 19's and some 18's on the floor.. I mean I paid 21K for my 18 Limited and a 19 was 27K what would anyone do...

Reactions: smithipatt

·
Silver member
4,831 Posts
How about Buy One, Get One !!
Are you just here to stir it up? I don't see you ever post anything positive about Indian motorcycles...

·
Rider
431 Posts
2020 Indian could have 111 engine with VVT Tech based on prior info posted. I would wait too for 2020 models if i were in market for new toy

·
Rider
386 Posts
Are you just here to stir it up? I don't see you ever post anything positive about Indian motorcycles...
How's this for Kudos on Indian .......
I quit drinking the Kool-Aid of any brand years ago, and knock 'em all equally.

How? Easy
They could have had a water-cooled Road Glide out 5 years ago. But no.
Keep in mind I've owned several Harley Davidsons so it's not a shot at the product, it's an observation of their strategies, or lack of it. This Indian model is likely to be popular and sell well.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
You guys must all be special. Nothing up on the Indian website, and no emails here.
Don't worry I am sure you will see it , the same thing happen here then all of a sudden it was all over the dealership web sites and then the Indian one. It is about moving old floor or wearhouse stock as it cost them more to have it sitting around . Now both your dollar and ours is at all time lows and the economist saying we are heading towards a recession . They will want to clear as much old stock as they can. Our dollar is down to around the low to mid 60 cents too your USD so imagine what we will pay for a roarMaster for example that is not $43,000.00 on road for a 2019 the 18`s look like they may have all gone but they were down to around the $36,000.00 on road with a choice of a BBK or another discount. The above is only and example of what we were and still are paying at this point. If the downward trend keeps up and we end up in a world wide recession see what it does to the value of everything.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
i been getting emails weekly. hey freezeland did u check spam folder. i use gmail an i always get emails from this site an i happen to check spam folder i seen about 6 from this site.
But the emails been coming from the Dealer. Does dealer have your email address?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
oneoil. yup for sure. as last 2 yrs both indian/hd in my area had some huge sales, not many ppl go out an get a new bike every 2 yrs. an with gas prices staying pretty cheap no big swing to get something more MPG's. like when gas was in the $4 range yrs ago lots of ppl ran to buy a bike.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,308 Posts
I got the same email this morning. My 2015 Chieftain will soon have it's fifth riding season. I inquired a couple months or so back at my dealer and he said it's worth twelve grand trading in. If this email truly means $2500 above book value then I should get $14,500 towards a new Indian. I sometimes think the sales person can juggle and manipulate figures to make those discounts go back into the dealer's pocket. I might go up and investigate but I'm not wanting to jump back into making payments just yet.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
that's right reinie, car dealership next county over advertising $4000 over KBB. But they don;t budge on their sticker price. it's a big numbers game an "our" (customer's) number never comes up. almost like the lottery.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,330 Posts
I got an email yesterday offering me an additional $3,000 off if I trade in my 2015 RM. If I remember correctly that applies to a trade on another RM. I'll stick with what I have as it is a great bike and I'm retiring next year so I don't want to spend the $$$.

·
Bronze member
3,061 Posts
I haven't received an e mail yet at all... from the IRMG or Indian... but whatever... I hope this is a dealer promo... Polaris will have no problem pulling the plug if things aren't looking good... just ask the Victory and Watercraft guys... I would almost bet we are seeing the last year or two of the Sling Shot also..

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discounts are nice but, some of us have to spend more than we'd save, just to get a NEW bike to fit.

Kinda reminds me of the old saying about the coupon clipping wife. "All the money she's saving is breaking us"

o_O:oops:

Reactions: Geoff-3
1 - 20 of 179 Posts